Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: "Tales from a Scottish living room" - who dunnit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question "Tales from a Scottish living room" - who dunnit

When I was a hairy hippy student back in the late 70' I used to listen to Jonny 'Plee' and the Friday/Saturday Rock Shows.

I remember listening to a track from from one of the programmes and I think it was called "Tales from a Scottish living room", or maybe it was one track by that name.

Please can someone remind me who used to tell the tale. I think the tale was a bit grim and I think it was about a small boy under a table. My memory fails me now (I am getting on a bit) but I remember that I was enthralled by the tale.

Please does anyone know the track that I am on about and who did it - it's been bugging me for ages? I'd really like to hear it again.

Thanks, psyberyeti

Ivor Cutler was the man you're remembering. "Tales From A Scotch Sitting Room" the recordings. I also was fascinated by these on the John Peel Show in my formative years.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Smile That's it....

Yup, that's it. Ivor Cutler.

Thanks, I will see if I can find a download.