Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some from my album

Some Emu's in the wild, we were driving near Broken Hill and they chased the car.

She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Anyone ever heard of the book and movie, "Picnic at Hanging Rock"?
    It's an Australian mystery and it was said to be a true story. No one really know if it is real or not, but it is a good read.
    Dave and I visited the setting a couple of years ago and there was a definate eerrie feel about the place.
    What was really funny was that when we got to the top, we couldn't find the way back down. So there was Dave and I, clambering down over rocks and sliding down chasms. After about an hour of this, and trying not to get too panicky, we looked over and found that we were about 10 metres from the paved pathway complete with handrail.
    We quickly scrambled back onto the path and laughing hysterically made our way back to safety.

Last edited by Lolabelle; 31-Jul-07 at 21:36.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post
    From the look on Dave's face I assume that his team is not winning!!

Nice to see you in the flesh so to speak!
    He was probably bored spitless. He's not really into the footy. My Father is fanatical, so at my parents house, it's footy or nothing.

Many thanks Lolabelle,really good photos,nice to see you an hubby, hi to you both looking around my concrete jungle,well, it brings memories back.

Loved see your neck of the woods, have now put it on my list of places to visit.

Smile

It looks like a lovely place to live lolabelle i am jealous

so glad i found this thread
    my eldest came in from school yesterday with a list of animals he needed pictures of . nuber 3 on the list kangaroo. ok i know its a wallaby but the teacher wont will she??
    also im sure i've seen the film picnic at hanging rock , the name rang big ben in my head.
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12