Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Loch of Mey Bird Hide

Angry Loch of Mey Bird Hide

Dear all

Could you please let me know, or pass onto anyone associated with SOC Caithness. I often walk up to the hide at Mey and was disgusted to find that someone/persons, have put a brick through one of the windows and daubed the visitors book in obscenities and such like. A sad day.

If there are materials available please lt me know and I'll have a bash at fixing the window.

Thanks.
    When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it.
    No taxes, no debt, women did all the work.
    White man thought he could improve on a system like this.
    Old Cherokee Saying

Quote Originally Posted by the second coming View Post
    Dear all

Could you please let me know, or pass onto anyone associated with SOC Caithness. I often walk up to the hide at Mey and was disgusted to find that someone/persons, have put a brick through one of the windows and daubed the visitors book in obscenities and such like. A sad day.

If there are materials available please lt me know and I'll have a bash at fixing the window.

Thanks.
    Why do people feel the need to do this . Shameful. I'm sure your offer of help will be appreciated, TSC.
    WeeBurd.

TSC - that is sad to hear. I'm sure Mary Legg, the Countryside Ranger in your area, would appreciate your offer to help. You would be able to contact her through the Highland Council website :-
    http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcounc.../bird-hide.htm

How terrible. I have sent the ranger and SOC chairman an email to let them know.
    Last edited by kas; 26-Aug-07 at 18:53.
    Away with the birds

Quote Originally Posted by the second coming View Post
    Dear all

Thanks.

Did you contact the Police?

nirofo.