Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: How to tell what sex a kitten is?

Default How to tell what sex a kitten is?

Hi can anyone give me a few tips on how to tell what sex my new kitten is?We thought it was a she and then my son looked on the internet and now thinks she is a he!Any tips would be great!Thanks x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

easy!
    ask at the vets when you take her/him for their jags and wormers .. you will have to do one or the other soon enough anyway

i dont know how to word this without being crude, but one will have 2 bums the other one, im sure you can work it out? :/

just lift its tail up and look.
    Last edited by buggyracer; 27-Jul-07 at 20:03.

by the time its easier to tell the kitten wont like getting turned upside down and its bits looked at scratches and teeth marks will be had..thats why i found it easier to ask when at the vets when we had kittens then the scratches are not on you!

Hi guys thanks for all the help!Still can't tell one way or the other so I will just wait to see what the vet says....kitten now giving me a wide berth as everytime it comes near I pick it up to have a look
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Hi guys thanks for all the help!Still can't tell one way or the other so I will just wait to see what the vet says....kitten now giving me a wide berth as everytime it comes near I pick it up to have a look
    LOL, I wonder why????
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

On the brightside Lolabelle I now have an amazingly well trained kitten that "sits" whenever I get near it Think I better get it in to the vets asap cos I can't call it Daphne when it should be Dan...poor thing is confused enough as it is x
    Last edited by Thumper; 28-Jul-07 at 11:12.

Well guys I finally got my kitten sexed....it's a boy!Good job we settled for a unisex name in the first place x