Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The most unpleasant person in Caithness

Kodiak, I think I remember you. That was about the same time as I was working there, there were 3 of us, one of them being the man who is there now. Courtywood Photograhic co owned it and we sent our films there, but Brian johnston was the boss and he trained me. I still have some of the photoes he took of john o Groats and area. He died soon after he moved away.
    Last edited by Fran; 06-May-09 at 15:44.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Default The most unpleasant person in Caithness

Dont understand how they can get away with not letting people taking thier photos by the post, someone said they would be trespassing if they stood by the post but is it not law now in scotland we have the freedom to roam and so how could they be accused of trespassing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Kodiak, I think I remember you. That was about the same time as I was working there, there were 3 of us, one of them being the man who is there now. Courtywood Photograhic co owned it and we sent our films there, but Brian johnston was the boss and he trained me. I still have some of the photoes he took of john o Groats and area. He died soon after he moved away.

Then it was not me who you are thinking of as when I worked there there was two of us who did all the work.

One was me and the other was my Son.

So it must have been a different year. I started in the March and went on through to the September but I can not remember the year, it was either 1992 or 1993.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Dont understand how they can get away with not letting people taking thier photos by the post, someone said they would be trespassing if they stood by the post but is it not law now in scotland we have the freedom to roam and so how could they be accused of trespassing?
    This what you were told to say when you worked at the signpost. But we all know in Scotland there is no Law of Trespassing. They tell you say this as most touristes do not know this.

This is why when I did it I never really bothered and as I said I never seemed to lose any trade and as a matter of fact sometimes letting others take Photo's got me extra business.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Only over open space.

Doesn't cover business premises..which is what the sign area can be classed as. Put it this way, if you insisted on wandering around say, a pub garden without purchasing a drink - the landlord would be quite within his rights to order you off the premises.
    The fact that you are stood on grass as opposed to inside a building does not matter. it is land owned by an individual for the purpose of carrying out a business. Therefore they can decide who can go on it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post

...This is why when I did it I never really bothered and as I said I never seemed to lose any trade and as a matter of fact sometimes letting others take Photo's got me extra business.
    The guy who runs it now has no problem, generally speaking, with people getting their photie taken (contrary to what some on here are saying). Like you said, Kodiak - it doesn't seem to affect business and it's good PR.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Only over open space.

Doesn't cover business premises..which is what the sign area can be classed as. Put it this way, if you insisted on wandering around say, a pub garden without purchasing a drink - the landlord would be quite within his rights to order you off the premises.
    The fact that you are stood on grass as opposed to inside a building does not matter. it is land owned by an individual for the purpose of carrying out a business. Therefore they can decide who can go on it or not.
    I stand corrected northener, you are quite correct as I never thought of it being a Business Permisis, which what it is.

Edgar Allen Poe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234