Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Family Tree "Open afternoons"

Default Family Tree "Open afternoons"

Hello!

My family and I are all going up to Wick for a week (or is this Week for a week?) this July.

Anyway, our hope and plan is to meet as many relatives as possible while we are up (and any who are working on family trees up there- who knows- we might find a link). To this end, we are having two "Open Afternoons" while we are up when we hope that as many people as possible will come along to meet with us and to partake of tea/coffee, biscuits, cakes etc. We would love to be able to meet any relatives of ours, to put faces to names, to find out more, and to generally add to our knowledge about our Caithness links.

We will be staying at:

The Corner House,
    6 Brown Place,
    Wick
    KW1 5QQ

Brown Place is off Macrae Street, near Argyle Square, located in Old Pultneytown.

So, if you are related, please visit us! And please send out the invitation to any others in the family who might wish to come along to meet with us - no matter how distantly related! And if you think that there might be a link, why not come over to share notes?

It is only as a result of working on the tree that I have discovered our Caithness roots, so it would be wonderful to expand this knowledge.

We will be "open to visitors" during the afternoons, anytime after noon, of Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st July.

We're very much looking forward to meeting you all!

Best wishes

Fiona

(names- Cameron, Miller, Downie, Simpson, Sinclair,McKay, McLeod, Fraser, Mathieson, More, Lyall, Gunn, Cruikshanks amongst others)
    Fiona

Default Open Afternoon

What a good idea!
    Hope you get a good turn out, are you related to Trisha and her More's?
    If so we have common ground.
    Perserverence is the Key
    Searching Hazel,Campbell,Sutherland,Bremner,Calder,Gunn.
    Jacquie

Default Open afternoons

Hi Jacquie,

Yes I am linked with with Tricia and her Mores. although to be honest, I need to explore this more with Tricia to fill in some gaps.

If we're linked, it would be great to explore this with you.

My e-mail address is fmcameron@lineone.net.

Hope to hear more from you!

Fiona
    Fiona

Sorry, New Wee Cousin, I will not be able to make the trip north, but to all the family that might turn up hope you all have a great time & Fiona has asked that you all BYOB......Bring Your Own Biscuits
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Default Open afternoons

Very sorry you can't make it up North golach! Hope to meet up with you sometime soon closer to home. I feel as if we're old friends already!

Don't listen to golach about the biscuits! We'll make sure that we're well stocked up for visitors- just bring yourselves over for a chat and a cuppa....

Looking forward to our trip up North- not long now!

Fiona
    Fiona