Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: useful presents

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    You ARE awful......BUT I like you !!!!

anneoctober, I thank you!

DarkAngel, An Iron? what,... for smoothing shirts etc? ...And he's still breathing?

Do you know that a well ironed pillowcase over the head can take care of that
    very quickly,..you need not suffer more bad presents.

No (female) court in the land would convict you!

Karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    anneoctober, I thank you!

DarkAngel, An Iron? what,... for smoothing shirts etc? ...And he's still breathing?

Do you know that a well ironed pillowcase over the head can take care of that
    very quickly,..you need not suffer more bad presents.

No (female) court in the land would convict you!

Karia
    Haha..I know tell me bout it...Also got perfume.. So not all bad...

I must say tho...The iron is brillaint..The last one i has was a cheap one i got a few years ago.I hated ironing, Now its not so bad as this iron is superb... Gosh..Cant believe im saying this

Hi dadie
    It's a small lawn so the tiniest little flymo would do.

I'm getting worried now with all these stories of cable cut in half...

It's just that everyone in the world seems to have an electric lawn mower...except me.

they had really cheap electric mowers in the tescos catalogue but i would def get a rcd device better being safe!

karia Guest

Hi Helen,

Better safe than sorry I reckon!

Actually, my balance is so bad that every time I am near a cliff's edge I know how much he loves me...
    .....he could so easily just push me off and everyone would buy into the accident theory!

Isn't love wonderful!

Karia

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post

I must say tho...The iron is brillaint..The last one i has was a cheap one i got a few years ago.I hated ironing, Now its not so bad as this iron is superb... Gosh..Cant believe im saying this
    Me neither, the words 'iron' and 'superb' do not belong in the same sentence!

Seek help!

karia

Me neither, the words 'iron' and 'superb' do not belong in the same sentence!

Seek help!

karia

Im maybe thinking the exact same!!! Eeeeeek!!!!

Hi Helen,

Better safe than sorry I reckon!

Actually, my balance is so bad that every time I am near a cliff's edge I know how much he loves me...
    .....he could so easily just push me off and everyone would buy into the accident theory!

Isn't love wonderful!

Karia
    Yes it is!

Just picked him up from the station - so far so good!

My worst present ever must have been a complete set of 50's,60's,70's and 80's hits...now I know you are all thinking thats not such a bad present BUT it was in the 80's and I was 16 at the time I couldn't believe my new boyfriend could buy me such a naff prezzie!Mind you now I would love most of the songs on it so maybe he knew me better than I knew myself x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

my husband bought me a vacuum cleaner for xmas!! he spent the week before xmas gushing about how pleased I was going to be with my present!
    after opening it my mother suggested that he was probably better off staying out of my way for a while

Well it is my 10th wedding anniversary today, and my darling Dave, just bought me a lovely 45 foot flat top semi trailer.

But my dad got my mum a dozen chooks once, and she got him a extration fan for the kitchen for his birthday
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post

Bought my other half a steam press [not as a pressie] just thought it,d help her out. turned out she didnt like using it ,thought that hand ironing was faster.
    Ended up giving it to my son who.se separated. now he reckon,,s it,s the bussiness. Cut,s his pressing chores down to a fraction of the time & never singes anything. just goe,s to show ,different strokes for different folk,s.

my other half just lurves power tools for birthdays/ xmas etc.
    she now owns a power sander, power drill, hammer drill, electric screw driver, jigsaw and a massive box of bits and sockets.
    can you tell who the diy expert is in dunderhouse??
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Quote Originally Posted by BRIE View Post
    my husband bought me a vacuum cleaner for xmas!! he spent the week before xmas gushing about how pleased I was going to be with my present!
    after opening it my mother suggested that he was probably better off staying out of my way for a while

whats wrong with getting a vacuum cleaner?
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by dunderheed View Post
    my other half just lurves power tools for birthdays/ xmas etc.
    she now owns a power sander, power drill, hammer drill, electric screw driver, jigsaw and a massive box of bits and sockets.
    can you tell who the diy expert is in dunderhouse??

Could have swore hubbys org name wasn't dunderheed, but maybe I'm wrong, but then you missed out the chainsaw, the table saw, the bench saw and the circular saw, so maybe ok
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Car respray for an anniversary present, Dotz alloy wheels for Christmas and a Birthday, and a set of tyres for another christmas and birthday for my car.

Recently my other half who had upgraded his car to a newer one than mine suggested mine be sold and we manage with one................well ok, but would you give away or sell a necklace, earrings and watch I had been given so readily?...............Needless to say I still have my car, which is just as well as his one failed to start on the way to a hospital appointment on Monday, so my "useless" surplus to requirement vehicle saved the day!
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

One birthday I got a mop now I buy my own pressie and then tell him what he got me.

i got a tv aerial once. i'm just resigned now to the fact that men buy useful presents instead of frivolous stuff - if i want any of that i buy it myself
    'and then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way' METALLICA

Quote Originally Posted by helenwyler View Post
    Hi dadie
    It's a small lawn so the tiniest little flymo would do.

I'm getting worried now with all these stories of cable cut in half...

It's just that everyone in the world seems to have an electric lawn mower...except me.
    I have a small lawn (55m2) and I was going to get one of those flymos but I decided on a NEW push one, light weight and fast - the lawn is done before you could get the cable untangled.
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    I have a small lawn (55m2) and I was going to get one of those flymos but I decided on a NEW push one, light weight and fast - the lawn is done before you could get the cable untangled.
    Haha - well you're a better man than me (or MrW) then Tristan!.

Or perhaps it's your new machine, tho MrW swears he sharpens the blades...
    Last edited by helenwyler; 26-Jul-07 at 21:18. Reason: missed an apostroph'e

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast