Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Acne treatment

Default Acne treatment

My daughter has terrible acne and is seeing the dermitologist in Inverness.Unfortunatly he seems to think the only treatment is the Rouctan drug,which is highly controversional.I've found an artical on Aesthera laser treatment which looks a good alternative. www.aesthera-laser.com

Is there anyone out there that has tried this or knows anything about it.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Have you tried any herbal remedies? I purchased stuff from the Chinese Herbal stall in Inverness, it worked wonders. Took a couple of weeks before you could see the results but it worked.
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

Thanks for that Spiggie,we haven't tried any alternative remedies yet so that looks like a good option.

My son used a cream called Eskamel. Its skin coloured so probably best used when not going out! It really dried up the spots. Not sure how easy it is to buy now as the pharmacist usually had to order it in.

Several of my daughter's friends have used ProActiv with excellent results, after several years of trying other things that didnt work. It's not cheap, but well worth a teen's selfesteem.

http://www.proactivsolution.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by htwood View Post
    Several of my daughter's friends have used ProActiv with excellent results, after several years of trying other things that didnt work. It's not cheap, but well worth a teen's selfesteem.

http://www.proactivsolution.co.uk
    Thanks for that link htwood.I know salicylic acid works I've bought her a facial wash that contains this product and the doctor recommended a cream that has this substance as a base.

When I was younger I spent a fortune on breakouts,nothing worked.
    I know believe my acne is stress related.Research in America have establish a link between stress and acne.Our own medicalexperts aren't as convinced.