Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer blooms

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra_B View Post
    What beautiful plants! Makes me feel quite jealous as I'm the world worst gardener, plants just have to arrive in our house to start to die.
    yep me too, they just seam to comit planticide !

A good hug often helps

Default What sort of sunflower?

Can any one tell me what variety of sunflower this is please?

Default Spider geranium

Default Sun on scarlet geranium

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post

Can any one tell me what variety of sunflower this is please?
    That's a Teddy Bear sunflower. It's beautiful, as are your other photos.

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Wow, that's a stunning sunflower, LIZZ!

Teddy Bear seems like a good name for it!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Great photos of Buchart, Sassy. Glad you are enjoying the Island. If you want to do some whale watching the best place is Telegraph Cove up near the top of the island.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Default Teddy Bears

Thanks sassy for the info and what an appropriate name, was given the plant and was amazed when the flower unfolded.

Imagine my surprise when I looked at my latest reputation received! It was for my comments on this Summer Blooms thread. This is what psyberyeti had to say to me:

"I might be being unfair but I just get the feeling that Sporran will chip in a few words here and there about any post just to get her posting number up. If she's not, then I apologise."

You couldn't be further from the truth, psyberyeti!! If you were more observant, you would notice that there are many threads that I do not post on. If I was posting just for the sake of getting my number up, I would be posting on far more threads than I do! I post on subjects I am interested in, and yes, I do give a lot of compliments to people whose photos, etc., I like. And those compliments are genuine. I am a nice person who likes to give compliments when and where deserved. People enjoy good feedback when they post their photos, do they not? And yes, I do post a lot on the Literature thread, but that's because I enjoy reading and writing poetry! Your comments were completely uncalled for!!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

I think this is an purple orchid. Don't know much about plants other than I like to photograph them (Much less demanding than small children and animals!!)

All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Don't think this qualifies as a bloom, but still an unusual angle on a young crop field . . . . I like the patterns and lighting.

All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

What a stunning purple orchid, Deemac! At first glance, it almost looks like a blue hyacinth. Great shot!
    Last edited by Sporran; 18-Aug-07 at 07:01.

Question Green...

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Don't think this qualifies as a bloom, but still an unusual angle on a young crop field . . . . I like the patterns and lighting.

I loved this photo as soon as I saw it. I would be pleased to have a large canvas of this in a nice bright room. You can ignore the subject and just look at the effect. It's nice and bright and fresh. Excellent.

I don't suppose you have a shot taken with the camera on the ground looking upwards to give the leaves fading into the distance with a circle of blue sky in the centre? I can't try to recreate this shot as we don't have crop fields over here in the west.
    Things that go bump in the night generally have been influenced by a Siamese

Default Alberta, Canada

A few shots from our summer garden:

Default Alberta, Canada

Absolutely beautiful, donsinc! Thanks for sharing your photos with us!

Thanks Sporran, I took them yesterday with the macro setting of my Nikon Coolpix 8800 at 8 megapixels.

The first photo incidentally, is of a Tiger Lily, the official flower of the province of Saskatchewan, Canada, where I was born. We grow hundreds of them in our back yard:

I thought it was a Tiger Lily, but didn't realise it's the official flower of the province of Saskatchewan. That first pic of the single bloom is a real stunner, and I love the pic of the rest of them too!
    Last edited by Sporran; 21-Aug-07 at 20:16.

Default Local wild flowers

We are very fortunate in Caithness that we have some very beautifull and quite rare flowers growing naturally. here's a couple of them!

nirofo.

Scottish Primrose (Primula scotica).

White Water Lilies (Nymphaea alba).

Default Primula Scotia

Never managed to catch 1 of them in flower so delighted to see such a lovely picture, many thanks for sharing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast