Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Desecration of the Scottish Countryside

Default Desecration of the Scottish Countryside

Until a few days ago, the remote single track Broubster road between Calder and Shebster was almost pristine. However, somebody had a light blue double divan bed and mattress to dispose of. They could have taken it to the Janetstown waste facility or even called the council to arrange a collection. But, no, although money is no object, they own a car, any maybe a trailer and can afford the best part of a gallon of fuel they decided to hook up the trailer, load the bed and head off for a trip round the back of Loch Calder towards Dorrery. First stop, dump the mattress over the fence on the hill above Brawlbin. (would be a two person job) Head on and along the Broubster road then dump the drawer units and headboard. Final stop just before Shebster dump the divan base.

Time to head home, most likely past the Janetstown waste facility, although I suspect this was a late evening/darkness trip, so the facility would have been, inconveniently, closed.

Why dump in three places? Why dump at all? Maybe some perverse concern for the environment. Shame.

I agree, dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post

...most likely past the Janetstown waste facility, although I suspect this was a late evening/darkness trip, so the facility would have been, inconveniently, closed.
    Much as I do agree with you and am just playing Devils Advocate here... but...

Have you tried using the Janetstown dump recently?
    Not as easy as it used to be, They can be very fussy over what you can dump there, type of vehicles allowed & by the looks of it you even have to book ahead now.

My guess is that they probably tried & failed but needed rid off there & then so felt like they had no choice.

& No, it wasn't me.
    Last edited by Alrock; 23-Apr-24 at 03:58.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."