Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Unnecessary Law

Default Unnecessary Law

Is Kim Jong Un running Scotland remotely ? He will be celebrating the implication of the unnecessary Hate Crime and Public Order Act which may silence some people and accelerate Scotland evolving into a North Korean satellite state.

Many have fears that this Act will reduce, if not kill free speech, that remains to be seen. This Act will effectively make people very scared about voicing their opinions which will in turn kill the art of debating topics in a democratic way. It will be an ideal tool for the establishment to suppress the population in future years.

The existing laws that have been in place since the 1960's seemed to be working so why has there been so much time and taxpayers money wasted on tweaking them ? It has been tweaked to cover every topic that the SNP and Marxist Greens want to impose on the population. They do not want people to be able to oppose or criticise their ideas without risk of gaining a criminal record. This Act achieves little more than making it possible for the Scottish Government to intimidate people into silence by using citizens to complain about others which will result in the accused being Guilty until proven innocent.

It hasn't got off to a great start, Police Scotland's Hate Monster has already been slain and complaints have already been made about Police Scotland targeting white males between the age of 18 to 30 from impoverished backgrounds. It has also come to light that Non Crime Hate Incidents (NCHI) will be kept on record and may be seen during background checks by potential employees etc. The concerning thing is you may not be aware that you have committed an NCHI. The real test of this Act will be what Police Scotland consider to be hate or not as they will be judge and jury.

As expected this Act has been used to make malicious complaints and attack people who may have had the audacity to have their own thoughts and opinions which the complainant does not agree with. The Association of Scottish Police Superintendents warned the Scottish Government that this Act could easily be weaponised by activists, how clever of them to spot that one.

Unfortunately whilst Police Scotland investigate people who may have accidentally said the wrong thing, crimes like shoplifting, burglary, physical assaults and car theft will be put to one side whilst the crusade to silence the citizens of Scotland will be pursued enthusiastically and without impartiality.

Remember that Labour and the Lib Dems also supported this Act so there is absolutely no chance of it being repealed.

I look forward to the forthcoming Misogyny Act which should provide another chance to see a chamber of half wits at play. I can think of a few people in Holyrood that may have something to fear about a misogyny bill, can you ?

1984 has finally caught up with Scotland and this is just the beginning. More authoritarian acts will follow in due course throughout the UK, slowly destroying your personal freedoms.

This Act has already made Scotland look like a banana republic.

IT'S ALL ABOUT CONTROLLING THE POPULATION NOT PROTECTING IT.

I can assure you that Canada is on The Same Road!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    I can assure you that Canada is on The Same Road!
    Sorry to hear that we are all on the road to Authoritarian states.

I remember the days when you could almost say what you liked as long as it wasn't too offensive without fear of getting a criminal record. I also remember the days when you could do almost anything you like without the state deciding to legislate against it.

It looks to me that one of the first victims of this flawed Act is this Forum itself. People now look over their shoulders when they feel they may be saying something risky.

I will not be intimidated by this Act that has been brought in by yet another unelected leader of a political party and backed up by a taxpayer security force that was once well respected. I will of course take every opportunity to use this Act against ALL those who voted for it.

Sad (but predictable) to see that the Tories lost the motion to repeal the Act today, once more the Act was backed by Labour (who have a common denominator) and the Lib Dems who are too scared to oppose it.

In the history of the world it has never been a more important time to question any person or group that believes they have authority, if you don't the not so funny comedians in Holyrood and those in Westminster will trample us down aided by their henchmen.

Do not despair, just prepare.

I did see that The English Police have apologized to the Woman who was Silently Praying outside an Abortion Clinic.
    There is a Pendulum effect occurring, where it swings quite wildly from side to side. The sad part is the Police are in the middle of this mess.
    They are criticized for acting on a Complaint, and when they do they are similarly criticized.
    Eventually things will even out.

Also I did watch your First Minister speak on Racism……to an Empty House! Hmmmmmm.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 17-Apr-24 at 23:38.

Over 1000 people living in Scotland have joined the Free Speech Union in the last 2 weeks. They have a team of dedicated lawyers on stand by ready to go to court on behalf of anyone who finds that they have had an NCHI recorded against their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Over 1000 people living in Scotland have joined the Free Speech Union in the last 2 weeks. They have a team of dedicated lawyers on stand by ready to go to court on behalf of anyone who finds that they have had an NCHI recorded against their name.
    Thanks for that Fulmar, I have already visited their website and have put them on speed dial. No surrender to the authoritarian bullies who should never have been allowed to get in to the positions they are now in. I reckon that if I sent most of them out to buy a newspaper they would come back with a loaf of bread !