Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter spoiler!

Default Harry Potter spoiler!

Is anyone else as excited as I am about the new book due out Saturday??
    I have it ordered along with a friend and I'll be the first in the queue at Woolies saturday morning.

I've read a couple of the spoilers on the net but I don't really think they have much credence. JKR has already said that two main characters will die so who do you think are the likely victims????

For some reason I'm thinking Hagrid and then as either Voldemort or Harry must die, I'm figuring Voldemort cos I also read one of JKR's interviews where she said that maybe in the future she'll come back to the story. Or at least she'll never say never.

Sad I know. 36 years old and my life has plummetted to excitement over a 'Harry Potter' book!!!!!!!!!! I best not let on then that I've just bought the whole lot in Hard back from EBay to replace all the paperback ones I have.....Oops!!!!!!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Don't worry Porshie (and Happy BD BTW) - a 38 year old here just as excited, and Mrs Bob is too! Will be picking up our copies (yes we have to have two so we can both read LOL) a few minutes past midnight and will probably sit down to read it as soon as I get home.

I found the last book a little disjointed but know that this one will answer questions, complete gaps and hopefully finish the series of with a bang.

Roll on...

Am I the only person who has never read one of these books, never seen any of the films and have no interest at all.

Give me a Disc World book or a Rebus anyday of the week, problem is neither author can write them as fast as I can read them

Enjoy your night time reading Mr & Mrs Bob, just keep it to yourself Porshie won't want to know what happens till she gets her own copy lol
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Am I the only person who has never read one of these books, never seen any of the films and have no interest at all.

Give me a Disc World book or a Rebus anyday of the week, problem is neither author can write them as fast as I can read them

Enjoy your night time reading Mr & Mrs Bob, just keep it to yourself Porshie won't want to know what happens till she gets her own copy lol

Oh Changilass - I felt like you and was outnumbered, OH and daughter - I felt that they were over-rate and really children's books - but then gave in and started to read ... I won't be in the midnight queue, but will be picking up my copy of the final episode on Saturday morning ... and I am sure that I will enjoy it. Give it a try - you might enjoy them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    I best not let on then that I've just bought the whole lot in Hard back from EBay to replace all the paperback ones I have.....Oops!!!!!!!
    Shh, dont tell anyone, but me too. I ordered the whole series along with the new one. But I feel that I am going to need to read the whole lot again, cause I don't remember much about the last one, other than Dumbledorf dying!!! So I will maybe be off line for a few weeks.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

hey im exactly the same i have no interest at all.......... thought i was the only one
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

I am like you Changi, never read the books, but have seen some of the movies on Tv,I enjoyed the escapism though, even if it was aimed at children.
    But next time you are down, we must visit the Oxford Bar to soak in the atmosphere.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

i read in the paper they were thinking Harry was going to kill himself in the new book! Surely not?
    Fate has a funny way of telling us things

Smile

Hi all. I've never read any of the H. P. books but I have seen the films. Do the films reflect the books well, or do they miss big chunks out? I've no idea how they will end, but my guess would be that Harry will die but I don't know who else. Maybe he and Ron will be fighting Voldemort and the big V will strike them down. Who knows? I guess all you who are eagerly awaiting the book will know soon. Enjoy your read. Hey, why not have a competition to see who finished the book first on the Org? Would be interesting to see who only took a day or two...

I think snape will be one and malfoy the other as she has said that she may eventually continue the story and she cant without harry and voldemorte.

My wif eis just finishing the fifth book and she is fifty odd! What does it matter anyway?
    I quit eenjoy the films, when I can stay awake and introducing our g/daughter to the first movie has been a joy - she loves it. No more though, not for now...she's only four and a half. I worry more about the younger end with Potter, rather than older folk liking it. They can like what they like.

Apparently the bookies have stopped taking bets on Harry dying!

These books are just brilliant! I only read them at first because my son was reading them and I hadn't a clue what he was talking about so I read them too only to become a diehard Potter fan!Ordered the last book back in Feb to make sure I got it on day of release!Mind you I will still have to wait for just over a day for my son to read it first! The last book he read in less than 1 and a half days!And before anyone says it nope he wasn't just skim reading because her could tell me everything that was happening in each chapter I finished! Harry will not be killed off, don't ask my why I am so sure but I know he won't be!!x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

love the books. fave is the half blood prince, a cracking read. watched the new film the day and really enjoyed it. well worth a look.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

I haven't read books or watched the films either, have to agree with you Changi that Ian Rankin can't write Rebus books fast enough, not looking forward to him being killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post
    Apparently the bookies have stopped taking bets on Harry dying!
    Mmm, let's see. It is the last book and we know that one or more characters die. What would be a good reason to end Harry Potter? Oh, he dies!! Brilliant!!

Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems likely.

I gave the first book a go and found it too young for me. I could see how it would appeal to young people and those who are young at heart though. One thing is for sure, Jakey will not go hungry in this life.

The last book was released online a few days ago by someone. They took a photograph of every single page. It was on all the p2p networks. I unfortunately had it ruined for me. I know exactly what happens and who dies.
    Talking To God....
    http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

Someone emailed me a fully copy of the book but it is 30 pages longer than it should be and littered with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. Therefore I will assume it is a fake and I await my real copy which is on its way to my house via DR Simpson as I type!!

Default Harry Potter

well its 12.21 who died !!!

what a hype

Just found out that the copy emailed to me was a real copy but it WAS full of grammatical and spelling errors and that's what made me think it was a fake copy.
    I can't tell you what happens in case I spoil it for people who have not looked at it yet!!!
    DR has sold out but Tesco probably has plenty in stock.
    Now, I'll be reading into the small hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast