Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: £102 Million to The Royals….

Default £102 Million to The Royals….

Amazing….£102 Million given to The Royal Family this year. Of course called The Sovereign Fund.
    And……
    Of course Prince Andrew has a 98 Acre property with free upkeep….Quite the guy to deserve it!

What say you all? Happy with their Extravagances?
    Last edited by The Horseman; 16-Nov-23 at 01:33.

[QUOTE=Happy with their Extravagances?[/QUOTE]

No. The monarchy serves no useful purpose in the modern world. To my mind they are one of the most dysfunctional families in the UK. With their dalliances, adultery and divorces they are not a good example for their 'subjects'. The sooner they are consigned to history the better.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    No. The monarchy serves no useful purpose in the modern world. To my mind they are one of the most dysfunctional families in the UK. With their dalliances, adultery and divorces they are not a good example for their 'subjects'. The sooner they are consigned to history the better.
    Are you suggesting that casual sex and divorce are something to be ashamed of, or you are a lesser person if you partake in it?

Regarding the sums the £102m fee seems a hell of a lot a lot, however an article from last year suggests they generate £1,700m in revenue, so maybe the £102m is a great investment in our proud nation.
    How much money does the monarchy bring to the UK? Investment Monitor
    Last edited by mi16; 20-Nov-23 at 19:59.
    W.A.T.P.

Gronnuck..I agree with you.
    Some of the Stunts that The Family have been involved in are just out of order.
    Fergy selling access to Andrew…….and the rest of the stories.
    A High ranking member in Spinningdale with a Famous British Actor..…OK. Years ago!

I just watched The Crown! So very sad. Whether ‘Poetic Licence’ was taken it doesn't matter……the people pay for that. Another sad!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 21-Nov-23 at 15:37.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Amazing….£102 Million given to The Royal Family this year. Of course called The Sovereign Fund.
    And……
    Of course Prince Andrew has a 98 Acre property with free upkeep….Quite the guy to deserve it!

What say you all? Happy with their Extravagances?
    how would be plug the gap in revenue if we disbanded the Royal family?
    Happy to see a tax hike in return?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    how would be plug the gap in revenue if we disbanded the Royal family?
    Happy to see a tax hike in return?
    I don’t know……if these Stats are correct. One can make make it ‘plus or minus’ the way the questions are asked. But you do have a point.
    Def the younger people are changing ‘The Love’.
    And these costs do not include the huge expense of Protection, crowd control, etc etc.

I was brought up after the War…poor, and remember the excesses of the Royals even then.
    When I return and see people having to save their ‘pennies’ to eat or have heat…..and the ‘other lot’ living in Luxury…Again Sad.

I don’t know……if these Stats are correct. One can make make it ‘plus or minus’ the way the questions are asked. But you do have a point.
    Def the younger people are changing ‘The Love’.
    And these costs do not include the huge expense of Protection, crowd control, etc etc.

I was brought up after the War…poor, and remember the excesses of the Royals even then.
    When I return and see people having to save their ‘pennies’ to eat or have heat…..and the ‘other lot’ living in Luxury…Again Sad.
    The queens death and coronation of the King would suggest there is quite a strong Royalist following in the UK still.

Im not sure where you live now, but I assume there is no gap in wealth there with some very poor and some stinking rich?
    W.A.T.P.

Are you suggesting that casual sex and divorce are something to be ashamed of, or you are a lesser person if you partake in it?
    Short answer, 'Yes' when you have made a commitment to a marriage before your God.
    When this Royal was destined to become the Head of the Church of England and lauded as being 'gracious' and 'noble' we should expect his behaviour to be impeccable. If he is to be respected as a leader of his ‘subjects’ then he should show this through his impeachable moral code. If Charles Windsor’s morals are suspect how can anyone be sure of his honesty, his empathy, his loyalty or his respect for any of us?

Regarding the sums the £102m fee seems a hell of a lot a lot, however an article from last year suggests they generate £1,700m in revenue, so maybe the £102m is a great investment in our proud nation.
    How much money does the monarchy bring to the UK? Investment Monitor
    Your royalist expression that they bring money into the country is nonsense. How many tourists do you know that have personally met the ruling monarch? Most tourists come to see the history and tradition of a long-established old country. That will still be here after the monarchy has gone. Even without the monarchy we would still hold our annual Trooping the Colour. We would still host tourists at the Tower of London and we could open more ‘royal’ houses to the public.
    The Crown Estate is already an arms-length public company generating wealth for the many instead of the few, there would be no need to allow the monarchy to retain ownership.
    How can it be argued that the monarchy attracts trade and investment to the UK when it is run by a bunch of grasping clowns in Westminster? If they can thwart our long-standing successful businesses, they can have little trouble thwarting any efforts the monarch can make. As I see it the way the country is going, few serious trading nations will want to deal with GB regardless of who leads it!.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Short answer, 'Yes' when you have made a commitment to a marriage before your God.
    He made no commitment in front of any god of mine.
    Are you suggesting that because he had been married that they should remain in a loveless marriage because of a pledge to a mythical sky man?

When this Royal was destined to become the Head of the Church of England and lauded as being 'gracious' and 'noble' we should expect his behaviour to be impeccable. If he is to be respected as a leader of his ‘subjects’ then he should show this through his impeachable moral code. If Charles Windsor’s morals are suspect how can anyone be sure of his honesty, his empathy, his loyalty or his respect for any of us?
    I have no problem with the way the King has conducted himself, he wanted to be with Camilla from the get go and was cock blocked, due to her previous history.
    His parents and advisors should have kept their nose well out of it and let the man make his decision.

Your royalist expression that they bring money into the country is nonsense. How many tourists do you know that have personally met the ruling monarch? Most tourists come to see the history and tradition of a long-established old country. That will still be here after the monarchy has gone. Even without the monarchy we would still hold our annual Trooping the Colour. We would still host tourists at the Tower of London and we could open more ‘royal’ houses to the public.
    The Crown Estate is already an arms-length public company generating wealth for the many instead of the few, there would be no need to allow the monarchy to retain ownership.
    How can it be argued that the monarchy attracts trade and investment to the UK when it is run by a bunch of grasping clowns in Westminster? If they can thwart our long-standing successful businesses, they can have little trouble thwarting any efforts the monarch can make. As I see it the way the country is going, few serious trading nations will want to deal with GB regardless of who leads it!.
    I am not the author of the article which detailed the £1,700m revenue the monarchy generates.
    Have you canvassed "most tourists" in order for you to make that statement about what they have come here for, after all our country is not any older then any other country in the world is it (unless on reclaimed land)?
    I am sure they if the Monarchy was disbanded, folk would still come to our country to see it, but its my opinion that the fact we have a real life functioning Monarchy that it brings a certain something more to the party than looking at abandoned palaces or stately homes which have been converted to flats or museums.
    Plenty hang around just on the off chance of catching a glimpse of the Monarch and all the pomp and circumstance.
    W.A.T.P.

You both have ‘good arguments’ on this issue!
    I’m going with Gronnuck.

mi16…..Been in Canada 50 years…from Caithness…..
    We are a ‘Middle of the Road’ Country…. There are Rich and Poor, but not what I have seen in Caithness..
    Canada/North America is a Different World.

You both have ‘good arguments’ on this issue!
    I’m going with Gronnuck.

mi16…..Been in Canada 50 years…from Caithness…..
    We are a ‘Middle of the Road’ Country…. There are Rich and Poor, but not what I have seen in Caithness..
    Canada/North America is a Different World.
    Canada is a place I hope to visit one day
    W.A.T.P.

Canada is a place I hope to visit one day
    It’s a Beeg Country,,,,,,,,4000 miles coast to coast….and I used to think that going from Week ‘til Thursa was a long way!
    And of course we are connected to America……The United States…
    Don’t believe all you hear in the Media. Certain areas have probs, but generally the people are hard workers.
    I have travelled extensively across Canada and The US and found everyone to be accommodating.
    Yes, some of the population carry guns….’Open Carry’….is When you openly carry your Firearm.
    Concealed Carry is when it is under your Jacket or other clothing. Then u need a Permit.
    Women often carry in their Cowboy Boot. 2 shot Derringer…22 Calibre..
    Yes, strange to some people, but it’s just like putting your boots on.
    C’est la vie…..