Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts to London Bombs

Default Thoughts to London Bombs

Several explsions on the underground, several bus bombs and possibly a train crash too.

Bum
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

1 Bus bomb, 6 out side tube stations.

My thoughts are with all those killed and injured and their families.
    I just hope this is a wake up call for all those that thought it couldn't happen to us AND to those countries that thought they were immune to terrorist attacks.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Reghead DITTO!!!!!!
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

al-queda
    i have family down that way hoping they are ok just waiting on news
    suprised its not gleneagles they are attacking

Ditto Rheghead.

Quote Originally Posted by wicker
    al-queda
    i have family down that way hoping they are ok just waiting on news
    suprised its not gleneagles they are attacking
    think they took the chance of the diversion of gleneagles to do this.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

My thoughts are with all those who have family and friends caught up in this awful tragedy.

What a contrast to yesterday when everyone was celebrating the Olympics being held in London!

It is so sad.

Liz, my feelings too. So very sad.

On my job, I made many visits to London. I have fond memories of my time there. My heart goes out to the victims caught up in this tragedy. I remember those who reached out to the victims of the Twin Towers in New York with their response of concern for the victims there. I pray for better times ahead for all of us and for God's protection. We must stick together against those who purpetrate these cowardly deeds.

Default London Bombing

How sad - my prayers go out to all of the families touched by these madmen.

We are being warned here in Toronto to be "vigilant about our surroundings"! and not to target identifiable groups of people! How Canadian - a generic warning!!

our politicians have spent the day reassuring Canadians that we are VERY unlikely targets! I wonder where they get their intelligence from - the comic pages? to match our cartoon PM - Mr. Martin a.k.a Mr. Dithers.

Take care. Malcolmdog.

neep_docker Guest

The blood is on Blair's hands. If you mess about with the sort of people who do this, then you can only expect this to happen.

Thanks Tony - we'd just about managed to stop the IRA blowing up parts of the country, when you and your cousin Dubbya decided it would be a good idea to poke the snake in the middle east.

We're probably unlikely to have another attack like this for a long time, but the effect is achieved in that you can now expect to see all sorts of draconian measures applied to our freedom.

And it's pathetic to see Tony and chums at Gleneagles to be protected from the evil of the world by a 5 mile exclusion zone and 10,000 police men, when ordinary Joe going to work in London gets no protection. Apparently the police knew something was going to happen as they called the Israeli Embassay as someone important was going there and to tell them not to go.

But then, we're all expendable.

neep docker, The blood is on Al-Quaida's hands, no one else's. They're doing these terrorist acts without provocation, like on 9/11. They seem have an intolerance for any other way of life besides their own.

Default Terrorists

Do we need to debate the whys and wherefores? At this moment in time out thoughts should be with the families that have been bereaved and those who have suffered shock and injury.

How can you be so crass at a time like this neep_docker? IMHO htwood and Lizz are spot-on. Similarly for the other posts above. Such violence is outrageous, irrespective of the perpetrator. You are totally out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by neep_docker
    The blood is on Blair's hands. If you mess about with the sort of people who do this, then you can only expect this to happen.

Thanks Tony - we'd just about managed to stop the IRA blowing up parts of the country, when you and your cousin Dubbya decided it would be a good idea to poke the snake in the middle east.

We're probably unlikely to have another attack like this for a long time, but the effect is achieved in that you can now expect to see all sorts of draconian measures applied to our freedom.

And it's pathetic to see Tony and chums at Gleneagles to be protected from the evil of the world by a 5 mile exclusion zone and 10,000 police men, when ordinary Joe going to work in London gets no protection. Apparently the police knew something was going to happen as they called the Israeli Embassay as someone important was going there and to tell them not to go.

But then, we're all expendable.

I see this is neep_doctor first post. Perhaps he has no feelings for the victims and does not know how to respond to victims of tragedy.

Jatus Guest

Default Bombings in London

Hello to all of you.
    I'm new to this forum, but not to Caithness or Thurso. I had the privilege of living in your wonderful community from May 1985 until November 1987. During that time I met so many wonderfully friendly, caring people and I have carried those memories with me ever since. Later, I was stationed near Haverfordwest, Dyfed, and again was met with kindness and wonderfully warm-hearted people.
    Many of us, who lived in, or near, Thurso while stationed at the Naval Communications Station, have so many fond memories of the time we spent there. Most of us felt such a strong bond with all of you. It is that bond that made the news we heard today so painful to hear.
    All of you, and those in London, have been in our thoughts, prayers, and in our hearts today.
    This evening, CNN International carried Sir Trevor MacDonald's program about the bombings, and during that program, he mentioned a man who had received an e-mail from an American friend. In that e-mail, the friend said that London had experienced its own 9/11 today, and that we understand what you are feeling. I hope you know that it is true. Our hearts grieve for those who were lost, and those who were so horribly injured.
    This evening, I was chatting with a friend who was stationed at Navcommsta Thurso with me. We reminiced about so many things... Saturday's spent shopping in the High Street and talking to friends, both Scottish and American; the quiet, laid-back lifestyle; the smell of peat fires; shopping for old movies at Woolworth's; the Indian Take-away that use to be beside the launderette; evenings spent with friends in Shebster, followed by, absentmindedly, driving to the Thurso-Halkirk road on the wrong side of the road(!); Ronnie's Taxis; Fourth of July parties at Dunnet Beach; the Mey Games; shopping for sweaters at John O'Groats; driving 3 hours to Inverness, once a month to shop (much like the old days, when people would take their buckboards into town for supplies); but most especially the trust and friendliness all of you extended to us... people you had never met before... how welcome we always felt there.
    Thank you, for being such a powerful force in our lives. Thank you, for the helping hand you were always so willing to extend to us. Thank you, for being such a wonderful, kind, caring community. In four overseas tours, I can honestly say that Thurso was the best!
    God bless all of you, and may He watch over your very special island, particularly at this dreadful time.
    Jan Thompson
    Canton, Ohio

neep_docker Guest

I see this is neep_doctor first post. Perhaps he has no feelings for the victims and does not know how to respond to victims of tragedy.
    Tragedy is all around us all the time.

40,000 people die in traffic accidents on Europe's roads every year.

Throughout the 1990s, over 2000 people were murdered in the city of New York (by fellow New Yorkers) every year.

Several hundred people are killed in preventable accidents in their workplace in the UK every year, and we are in the 21st Century.

As I type this, someone somewhere will die of starvation.

It's not the tragedy that we have to get into perspective, it's the travesty.

We all need to get very excitable about the latter, and not all sentimental about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSzin
    How can you be so crass at a time like this neep_docker? IMHO htwood and Lizz are spot-on. Similarly for the other posts above. Such violence is outrageous, irrespective of the perpetrator. You are totally out of order.
    Well put as always DrSzin, neep-docker get your head out of the neep field, it seems to me that it was more than the shaws that were docked when you were done
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by DrSzin
    Yes they are right and so are you, our thoughts should be with the families of the dead and injured and such violence is outrageous irrespective of the perpetrator.

Our thoughts should also be with the families of the innocent civillians killed and injured in the American air strike on a village in Afghanistan last week, such violence is also outrageous irrespective of the perpetrator.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast