Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Macmillan nursing charity concert Orange room 21st july 3pm

Default Macmillan nursing charity concert Orange room 21st july 3pm

Charity event for Macmillan cancer support nursing

An Afternoon of live music
    with
    Diesel n Dust
    Empty House
    Stevie Taylor
    Low Flyers
    +
    very special guests

At the Orange room, Park Hotel Thurso Saturday 21st July 3pm
    admission £3

This charity gig should be an excellent afternoon of entertainment, please come along and support such a good cause.

Asinus asinum fricat

Quote Originally Posted by DOC ROCK View Post

with
    Diesel n Dust
    Empty House
    Stevie Taylor
    Low Flyers
    +
    very special guests

admission £3

This charity gig should be an excellent afternoon of entertainment, please come along and support such a good cause.

There will also be a session by Stuart Maitland with Pam & Eann Sinclair.
    Asinus asinum fricat

I'll be there!
    Looking forward to it, good to see an event with the proceeds going to a good cause. Nice to see all the musicians up here ain't in it for their own personal gain, if you know what i'm driving at!

Roscoe, no I dont follow what you mean, surely any sane person would support this cause, are some people / entertainers demanding appearance money here or what, has their been examples of ego centric demanding behaviour ? if so name and shame those involved.

Maybe not on this occasion, but I do know of certain bands in the past that have asked for a fee to play at events such as this one. I'm not going to name and shame people on here, they know who they are.

Rosco, jeezo, what kind of spiteful, self centred morons would try and charge a charity, fee's for playing at a charity gig ? Ok, admittedly big acts will charge expenses when playing at large scale global charity events you can maybe see a point here given their logistics and operating nut, but this is Caithness !! Maybe there are people up there who think they are to big to play for free, but come on.... I mean what is the revenue loss here in foregoing a nights paid work... how much do musicians / bands get per gig these days. I notice that the trend is to play lounge bars nowadays, so how much will they potentially lose £150 from a lost lounge bar slot???

You know something, this is really pathetic, and I for one who, along with a great many local people, have personal reasons to be grateful for the Macmillan set up, am sick to the back teeth about this.

Rant over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said.

Default Setting the record straight!

There was an occasion when a paying venue was charged a fee by After Hours rather than the venue owner deciding what he would donate by himself.
    I assume this is the occasion referred to.
    Well; sorry to interrupt the local pastime of festering in bitterness and ill feeling without knowing the full facts.
    While we were in no doubt a generous donation would be given, we chose to charge and pass the fee to the charity ourselves, we were giving our time and talents to a worthy cause and felt we should be the ones to decide how much would be guaranteed be given.
    So no doubt people will still think the worst of every situation, but we can sleep well in our beds knowing we did right and why. I worry for this county sometimes though just because of the amount of negativity and cynicism that is nurtured rather than questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco P View Post
    Maybe not on this occasion, but I do know of certain bands in the past that have asked for a fee to play at events such as this one. I'm not going to name and shame people on here, they know who they are.
    Then why even bring it up, a thread is opened to advertise a gig which will be fun and will be for a good cause and you come in to stir up some rubbish. Extreme childishness.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

.............well said Dave

crivvens Jeemag we posted at exactly the same time

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    . I worry for this county sometimes though just because of the amount of negativity and cynicism that is nurtured rather than questioned.
    Par for the course Davem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Then why even bring it up, a thread is opened to advertise a gig which will be fun and will be for a good cause and you come in to stir up some rubbish. Extreme childishness.
    Par for the course Jeemag.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Thumbs up

with
    Diesel n Dust
    Empty House
    Stevie Taylor
    Low Flyers
    +
    very special guests

admission £3

Now to get back to what this thread is for.....
    Good luck folks; hope to be there.

Thumbs up

There will also be a session by Stuart Maitland with Pam & Eann Sinclair.
    And not forgetting........

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    It's a forum... childishness is part of the world.

I'm pretty certain that the After Hours incident isn't the one being referred to though.

Thanks Torvaig quite agree.
    Lets just concentrate on what matters in this thread.
    Good Luck on Sat all.

All the best to all involved in the charity gig either organising or performing, its a cause very dear to me. Well done to all involved, your committment has to be admired.

[quote=Gleber2;243787]Par for the course Davem.

Par for the course Jeemag.[/quo the person who has arranged this gig is alec mcintosh,it,s for moneyto go to towards helping the mcmillan nurses it,s not a competion

Quote Originally Posted by appleskin View Post

.[/quo the person who has arranged this gig is alec mcintosh,it,s for moneyto go to towards helping the mcmillan nurses it,s not a competion
    Never suggested that it was, Appleskin. I was merely agreeing with Davem And Jeemag. Hope the gig goes well.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Good luck to everyone involved on Sunday. I'm going to try to pop along and show my support.

I thought Howlin' gaels were playing at this event. Will they still be appearing?

Wink

Yes the Gaels would have loved to do a set at this gig but unfortunately Joe the giutarist is off somewhere...or was it Frazer that isn't able to make it? I can't remember, but I will be doing a small set with retired Gael member alex macintosh and his brother Charlie. It's all for a good cause so please turn up and have a good time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast