Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: cheer up veggies

Default cheer up veggies

for a different but tasty change to carrots, try cooking them in Tarragon, once cooked, drain and toss in a small amount of butter, lovely

take a packet of salted nuts, add grated carrots and mix in with a tablespoon or two of mayonaise - great for barbeques or parties

place some fresh washed spinach in a dish and add a layer of ball mozerella cheese and a layer of fresh basil leaves and a layer of vine tomatos. place in an oven or microwave until cooked and serve with a variety of meals. you can also repeat the layers and have as a vegetarian meal. Alternatively, you can toss it all together in olive oil and eat as a salad.
    and lastly, toast some chiabatta bread, spread with a thin layer of pesto sauce and add the layers as above - Delicious

Has anyone else got more culinary ideas for carrots or other veg ?

This sounds yummy! I love tomatoes and basil together.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    This sounds yummy! I love tomatoes and basil together.
    I love the Italian trinity - slices of beef tomato, slices of mozzarella alternately arranged and basil leaves scattered over, then drizzled with good olive oil. Yummy!
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Baby Tomatoes on the vine roasted....actually most veg (bar carrots) are yummy roasted. Spray oil is ace for doing this.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Cut ripe tomatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and chuck some minced garlic on top, under the grill or better still in the oven!

I like mashing carrot and neep together with black pepper and butter, makes a nice accompaniment in the winter months
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!