Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: I see our new FM is off to a great start.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I see our new FM is off to a great start.

I can see why some refer to our FM as Humza Useless rather than Yousaf. He blames Westminster over not being able to show Scotlands games on free tv, when it's absolutely nothing to do with Westminster. But hey, why not carry on in Nicolas vein, blaming everything on Westminster, never mind facts!

He then goes on to claim how wonderful Scotlands GDP is compared to the rest of the UK when all the figures say the opposite. Let's see if he has the courage to stand up in Holyrood and apologize for lying.

https://democratonline.net/2023/03/31/116412/ Story with links to the relevent facts.

Nice to see many in the SNP actually feeling able to speak out after years of being under the dictators control. Well done to Fergus Ewing for speaking out about how toxic the Greens are.

“We’ve allied ourselves to a small group of fringe extremists that want to dismantle our economy, put hundreds of thousands on the dole and basically close down rural Scotland.” and calling them “wine bar pseudo-intellectuals”. https://news.stv.tv/politics/former-...-holyrood-deal

Humzas days are limited, he's going to be the SNP's Liz Truss.

Time for change. Time for Labour. Time to kick the Greens back into the wilderness

First of all Goodfellers; do you think you might be able to behave on this thread? Otherwise things get messy quite quickly.

So anyway, I clicked on your link to find it contained nothing, that I could see, about the issues you mentioned. If you have a specific link I'd love to read the stories you mention.

Of course, I would have to take everything in them with a couple of tons of salt. The democratonline link that you provided takes you to the home page of a community digital newspaper called The Dumbarton Democrat. Jackie Baillie, Labour MSP, represents much of that constituency and even a cursory glance at the editorial views of the newspaper points to it having a somewhat sympathetic view of Labour politics and a strong anti-SNP bias. A sceptical person might even be led to think that perhaps JB has some influence over its editorial policy. 90 seconds on Google brought me to a Facebook entry - see screen shot below (click to enlarge):-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jackiebaillie.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	35939

"Democrat reporter Jackie Baillie, MSP....": do you see those words?

You seem to be suggesting we should find the views of a Labour supporting newspaper who employs a Labour MSP as a journalistic contributor as conclusive proof of the demise of the SNP.

I think I might have to insist you rely upon rather more authoritive and unbiased sources before I take anything you say seriously.

https://democratonline.net/2023/03/3...ie-say-tories/

Try this link. No idea why it switched to submarine story.

Another 'football' link

It was supposed to be a simple question from an SNP MSP but Humza cocked the response up. Took the opportunity to have a dig at Westminster and thereby scored an 'own goal'. Showing his true colours as a Nicola clone. Blame Westminster for everything and keep the supporters happy, whether it's true or not.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/sp/?id=2023-03-30.18.0

https://ardwatalab.net/news-headline...kes-huge-gaffe

Not going to bother addressing the Dumbarton Labour Party Community Newsletter issue then??? Thought not.

Perhaps you could explain this:-

"The Broadcasting Act 1996 gives the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture,
    Media and Sport the power to draw up a list of sporting events of “national
    interest”. This means the broadcast rights to these events must be offered to
    the main free-to-air terrestrial broadcasters on “fair and reasonable terms”.
    The aim is to make sure the events are made available to all television
    viewers. The list consists of two groups:
    • Group A events - full live coverage must be offered.
    This group includes the FA Cup Final, the Olympic and Paralympic
    Games, and the Women’s Football World Cup European
    Championships.
    • Group B events - these can have live coverage on subscription
    television provided that secondary coverage is offered to the free-to air broadcasters.
    This group includes the Six Nations rugby union tournament, the
    Ryder Cup, and cricket test matches played in England."

The sporting events described above as being of "national interest" are commonly referred to as the "Crown Jewels".

Humza Yousaf said the following in parliament (a quote from the link you provided, remember):-

"I could not be clearer that the international football matches that the Scottish women’s and men’s teams play in should be part of the crown jewels of free-to-air sporting events. Sadly, as we know, the United Kingdom Government has failed to act."

So how is it a gaffe when what HY is asking for is Scottish football matches to be added in that list of Crown Jewels? The Secretary of State for Digital, Culture,Media and Sport has the power to draw up a list of sporting events to be included. So far as I can see HY was entirely accurate in his assessment.

So again: where is the gaffe or have you been duped again by the MSM? I would refer you to my thread on Media Double Standards.

Also interesting to note that the crown jewels contain no specifically Scottish, Welsh or N.Irish events but do include two that are specific to that country you take offence at me mentioning - FA cup Final and Cricket Test matches. Seems pretty clear to me that the term "national interest" is being applied somewhat loosely here. Which nation's interest are they talking about? I think we all know the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Not going to bother addressing the Dumbarton Labour Party Community Newsletter issue then??? Thought not.

Perhaps you could explain this:-

"The Broadcasting Act 1996 gives the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture,
    Media and Sport the power to draw up a list of sporting events of “national
    interest”. This means the broadcast rights to these events must be offered to
    the main free-to-air terrestrial broadcasters on “fair and reasonable terms”.
    The aim is to make sure the events are made available to all television
    viewers. The list consists of two groups:
    • Group A events - full live coverage must be offered.
    This group includes the FA Cup Final, the Olympic and Paralympic
    Games, and the Women’s Football World Cup European
    Championships.
    • Group B events - these can have live coverage on subscription
    television provided that secondary coverage is offered to the free-to air broadcasters.
    This group includes the Six Nations rugby union tournament, the
    Ryder Cup, and cricket test matches played in England."

The sporting events described above as being of "national interest" are commonly referred to as the "Crown Jewels".

Humza Yousaf said the following in parliament (a quote from the link you provided, remember):-

"I could not be clearer that the international football matches that the Scottish women’s and men’s teams play in should be part of the crown jewels of free-to-air sporting events. Sadly, as we know, the United Kingdom Government has failed to act."

So how is it a gaffe when what HY is asking for is Scottish football matches to be added in that list of Crown Jewels? The Secretary of State for Digital, Culture,Media and Sport has the power to draw up a list of sporting events to be included. So far as I can see HY was entirely accurate in his assessment.

So again: where is the gaffe or have you been duped again by the MSM? I would refer you to my thread on Media Double Standards.

Also interesting to note that the crown jewels contain no specifically Scottish, Welsh or N.Irish events but do include two that are specific to that country you take offence at me mentioning - FA cup Final and Cricket Test matches. Seems pretty clear to me that the term "national interest" is being applied somewhat loosely here. Which nation's interest are they talking about? I think we all know the answer to that.
    The game's rights were sold by UEFA exclusively to viaplay, though the Scottish FA is hoping to strike a deal on some fixtures being free-to-air within the package.The deal was agreed through Uefa’s centralised media rights sales process, where the European governing body takes sole responsibility for the marketing and sales for all 55 member nation matches, with each country guaranteed a set fee from the centralised pot.

It's not as if Scotland is being penalised, apart from the FA cup final, England doesn't get free football.

We both know it was his first dig at the UK government. There is nothing HY will not complain about if he thinks it'll score him a point. He should try being nice to Rishi and Sir Kier and you never know they might consider allowing another referendum, although I wouldn't hold my breath. It's always better to be nice rather than nasty when you want something.