Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Post on Caithness Roads….

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Post on Caithness Roads….

The above was deleted by me!
    Just carry on the same way for the next 100 years.
    I had intended to leave Mr. Fernie’s ‘Official Take’ on what I said, but accidentally deleted it.
    It seems no one is to blame for the problems you face.

Mr. Fernie gave his ‘Official Answer’, as per The Political Climate……. Thank you.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 16-Feb-23 at 05:10.

All is not lost - it can be resurrected if you wish........

A blame game does not solve the problems of the roads. The problems may lie in the ever reducing budgets.

The problems have not suddenly arisen. They are the result over decades of lack of resources to carry out enough maintenance. That equally applies to many of our public buildings.

Doesn’t matter. There were mistakes made….

A quote that tells the story…..’We cannot undo the past, the future is ours to envisage’…..

And…..There are great things done in Caithness..e.g. The resurrection of Latheron Cemetery…how lovely now!…By The People!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 16-Feb-23 at 18:39.

Mr. Fernie……On second thoughts perhaps you could Re -Post your reply to me……Re: Caithness Roads.
    It will surely give people an idea who is responsible for what, and why things are a mess, then perhaps ‘an avenue’ to seek further monies.
    You did I think highlight ‘The Lack of Funding’!
    Thankx……..

I missed the original post.

But before anyone jumps in and blames Brexit for ALL Scotlands woes, here's an article from before Brexit kicking in and interestingly, a candidate for FM was Transport Minister at the time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-36964236

Another interesting read as to why Scotlands roads are worse than Englands...spoiler, it's the SNP governments fault https://www.highwaysindustry.com/sco...than-englands/