Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Eating at the Big Gig 2

Default Eating at the Big Gig 2

Will there be vegetarian food at the big gig?
    They break our legs and we say "thank you" when they offer us crutches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stratman View Post
    Will there be vegetarian food at the big gig?

Aye.................................Spar sells tofu

Is there gonna be any food at all?

A company called Chef 2 U is doing the catering and there should be a range of food to suit all needs

Of course there will also be alcohol on sale at the event

One change from last year is that the alcohol has to be better controlled so no carry outs are allowed in.

Only drink bought within the event can be consumed. Unfortunately its a licensing issue that cant be got round and will be enforced.

Also the oranisers have to ensure only 18 years and over are drinking alcohol - there were quite a few under age drinking last year that was noted by the local authorities and highlighted.

Hopefully sunny weather has been booked for the two days!!

The only reason people took carry-outs in last year was because of the extortionate prices charged by the on-site outlet.

Who's running the beer tent this year, because if it's the same shower (with the same pricing policy) as last year the gig will be practically empty.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    The only reason people took carry-outs in last year was because of the extortionate prices charged by the on-site outlet.

Who's running the beer tent this year, because if it's the same shower (with the same pricing policy) as last year the gig will be practically empty.
    Different bar this year

Thurso Town Improvements and Thurso FC are running it together

Dont know the prices but im sure they will be reasonable

Additionally - -

Just to clarify that despite the inference in the Caithness Courier on Wednesday the Big Gig Music event is absolutely in no way connected to any film festivals bearing the same name - -readers of past threads will remember the reasons why this is being clarified.

Thurso Town Improvements and The Big Gig (Music festival) have no involvement with this or the person organising it

Clear as mud now eh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogglebox View Post
    Additionally - -

Just to clarify that despite the inference in the Caithness Courier on Wednesday the Big Gig Music event is absolutely in no way connected to any film festivals bearing the same name - -readers of past threads will remember the reasons why this is being clarified.

Thurso Town Improvements and The Big Gig (Music festival) have no involvement with this or the person organising it

Clear as mud now eh!!
    So you'll no be showing any tacky movies then

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    So you'll no be showing any laughably childish, technically inept and ridiculously presented tacky movies then

Fixed your typo, Jeemag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogglebox View Post
    One change from last year is that the alcohol has to be better controlled so no carry outs are allowed in.
    Shame. I was going to go until i read that.

Cool

That's a shame for the sake off £20 or so you could have a good day out. I'll let you no how it went if you want.

Is it true that in the paper yesterday the advert for The Big Gig 2 stated that alcohol will be prohibited completely?

If that's the case, this gig is going to be a washout. Even if it doesn't rain incessantly.

And on that note, are there any provisions in place for inclement weather?

I'm pretty sure that's not true... I believe it's a case of no alcohol to be brought into the gig. However if it is ture... it's gonna be a pretty gash turn out

Nah, it's not true. I just checked today's Groat and it says that no carry-outs will be allowed into the venue, but alcohol will be available on site.

Seems I was misinformed.