Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: freeview box

Default freeview box

I am getting rid of my sky after 24 years and getting a freeview box. Trouble is, there are so many freeview and i do not know which one is best. Any recommendations please?

Default re

try scottish hudro electric they will help you and tell you wich one is the best

Don't think there is any difference

We have a dear 1 and the kids have cheap 1's and there is no difference

Saves a fortune getting freeview, i'm glad we got it

Like Linzy222 we have two freeview boxes - the cheap one (about £30 from tesco) is every bit as good as the more expensive one we bought. We did have to get different airiel for us to get all the stations available up here.

Far better that Sky!!!!

Default installing freeview

can anyone reccomend someone who can install freeview,i have a box,but don't know how to fit it

GAMEBOY2159 Guest

Default sky box

HELLO did you know you dont have to get rid of your sky box all you have to do is phone sky and for £20.00 they will turn your skybox into a freeview box saving you money and you get a better signal no special ariel needed now isnt that good news past it on

We did that, all u need is a free air to view card,just phone sky up and ask for one and it costs £20, great value for money and cheaper than buying a freeview box and aerial, coz no doubt u will need one

So if u have sky and thinking of getting a freeview box DON'T

Default Re: freeview box

Quote Originally Posted by Fran
    I am getting rid of my sky after 24 years and getting a freeview box. Trouble is, there are so many freeview and i do not know which one is best. Any recommendations please?

Cancell your SKY Subscription and take card out of slot and you can you use your Sky box for Freeview.

U can do that but u will only get 1 or 2 channels, like BBC London and BBC something else,shopping channels etc, but if u get the free air to view card u get all the channels thats on freeview

Default Freeview

Thank you all for your comments, all of which were a great help.
    I cancelled my sky, left the card in th slot and i am getting all the programmes i used to watch anyway. the others are all cancelled. If i had known this i would have cancelled earlier. i have been paying for channels on sky that I could have watched for free!!!