Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Any reasons to be cheerful?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Any reasons to be cheerful?

Given the utterly catastrophic state of virtually everything in the UK - with much worse to come - I was just wondering if anyone could think of even one reason why Scotland should remain in the Union.

I know I am biased in this regard but I am genuinely mystified as to why anyone still believes we are "Better Together".

I think Scotland was very prominently profiled during The Queens Funeral!
    One should be pleased with this for now….

Horseman, the warm glow that came from the prominent profiling of Scotland at the funeral of QE I & II will not heat folks' homes this winter.

I'm not sure if you realise just how mindbendingly awful things are over here at the moment. Below is a short video from Andrew Marr. In case you don't know him, he a very prominent political journalist. His critique of the current government's handling of the crisis we are in is the most savage I have ever heard him give.

So come on. Try harder and see if you can think of any good reason why anyone in Scotland would want to stay in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Horseman, the warm glow that came from the prominent profiling of Scotland at the funeral of QE I & II will not heat folks' homes this winter.

I'm not sure if you realise just how mindbendingly awful things are over here at the moment. Below is a short video from Andrew Marr. In case you don't know him, he a very prominent political journalist. His critique of the current government's handling of the crisis we are in is the most savage I have ever heard him give.

So come on. Try harder and see if you can think of any good reason why anyone in Scotland would want to stay in the UK.

Hi…not attached..
    But Andrew Marr….Yup…..Mouthpiece?!

@ Horseman - No idea what you mean, sorry.

I am unable to see ‘the story’, but it seems he will ‘yap’ away at anything.

The entire World is in a mess.
    This all started when The United States wanted to put Nukes in Ukraine! And that means close to Russia and China!.
    Way back when…….The Russians wanted to put Nukes in Cuba, close to the US., and America was going to war with that, except The Russians backed down!
    History repeats itself.

The second part of this equation is that The West is doing away with Coal, and other Fossil Fuels, to the degradation of the fuel supply.
    Yes we should go towards non polluting power, but in California householders are already told not to plug their Electric Vehicles in at nite due to the enormous strain on Electricity Grid! We are putting the ‘cart before the horse’…..again!

There is an interesting ‘Theory’ beginning to be spoken off…….
    Two Worlds….One …The entire East….They call it BRICS
    Two…The entire West.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 30-Sep-22 at 14:21.