Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wallace Update.

Default Wallace Update.

Good news: Wallace has been found! Yay!!!!!!!

It's such a relief to Liz and myself and to everyone else concerned over his disappearance.
    He was in a bad way by all accounts and probably wouldn't have managed much longer but after a trip to the vets he's now in foster care and looking for his forever home.

I have to say a big thank you to Liz who was very determined in Wallace's plight and never gave up hope that he'd eventually be found. xxxx

A great big thank you and hug to his current foster carer who's taking such good care of him while he recovers. xxx

Finally to anyone who looked for him, sent pm's etc to me and to whoever it was that found him - Thank you all so much. xxx

Well, that was a bit like an Oscar speach wasn't it?!!! lol.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Smile

Yep a bit of the Gwyneth Paltrows there Porshiepoo!!! lol

It is a great relief that Wallace has been found and a huge thanks to the gentleman from Castletown who found him and called the CP helpline. If you hadn't then I really don't think Wallace would have survived.

He has been through such a lot poor soul!
    He was abandoned by two sets of owners and then taken into foster care, with his companion Gromit, and was there a long time before someone gave them both a home only to return them after one weekend.
    Then Porshiepoo was kind enough to give them both a home and not long afterwards poor wee Gromit was found dead.
    Sadly, Porshiepoo's cats gave Wallace such a hard time that she made the very difficult, and unselfish, decision to rehome him.
    He was only in his new home for 2 days when he got out and went missing for 2 months!
    He was attacked, possibly by a dog, as he had puncture wounds in his shoulder.
    He was a shadow of his former self both physically and mentally (he had lost a lot of weight and was shaking and also a bit aggressive which is not like him at all!).
    However, thanks to the care given by Kim, his fosterer, he is now well and ready to go to a forever home.

We are determined that this will be his last home and have decided that he would be best suited to a quiet home where he will get all the love and attention he so richly deserves.

We want a happy ending for Wallace!!!!!

get him castrated before he causes anymore bother!!!!

So glad that he is found, after all this time, it is nothing short of a miracle.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

I'm very glad to hear he's been found & hope he'll find a permanent home soon ...I do like a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    get him castrated before he causes anymore bother!!!!

Already done but I'm afraid he's a typical male.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Default wallace

Wallace is doing great and has put on weight and is slowly getting back to his former self! He has a great appetite and is very vocal which is the way that he has always been as i had the pleasure of having his company before when we took him in to be neutered before his last owners up sticks and left.
    He will hopefully find a loving permant home shortly that will suit him.

Quote Originally Posted by blondscot View Post
    Wallace is doing great and has put on weight and is slowly getting back to his former self! He has a great appetite and is very vocal which is the way that he has always been as i had the pleasure of having his company before when we took him in to be neutered before his last owners up sticks and left.
    He will hopefully find a loving permant home shortly that will suit him.
    Hey there!
    I assume you're the good soul that is bringing him back to his former self??
    Thanks so much for all that you're doing for him, I hope he's doing really well and that he'll find his new forever forever home soon.

x for Wallace.

Default Wallace now has a "Forever" Home

I am picking Wallace up tonight and he is coming to live with us in Newport (Berriedale). My partner phoned Liz yesterday about re-homing a cat or kitten. Liz then phoned back and told him about Wallace. He immediately phoned me and when I got home from work I phoned Liz back and explained where we lived that we had a huge garden that goes out into the hill with plenty of rabbits for him to chase, a lovely sun porch that he could sit in and look out to sea and watch for birds and that I would love to take him home ASAP. So as soon as I finish work tonight I am of to pick Wallace up and bring him back to his "forever" home, and I am promise you that this will be his final home and he will get all the love and affection that he needs. Rest assured though, he will not be getting outside for at least 3-4 weeks until he gets used to his new home and new surroundings, I would hate to loose him. Any older cats that I have had have always spent between 3 - 6 weeks inside getting used to the house, us and surroundings and they have always come back home and I have never lost one yet. Even with kittens, I keep them inside for 6 months until they have been neutured to ensure that they don't wander off etc so I can assure everyone who has been following Wallace's story that he has found a good home and we have found a very brave and wonderful cat.

I will keep you all updated on his progress when we get him home and settled in and post in pictures of him in his new home.

Thank you Liz for telling us about Wallace and I will speak to you soon and send you pictures of him in his new home.

Thumbs up

Thanks ever so much for giving Wallace such a wonderful home!!!

He deserves lots of TLC and peace and quiet after what he's been through and I know he will be very happy with you both.

Look forward to hearing how he is getting on. He isn't quite back to his 'old' self yet but am sure he will be before long.

Where you live sounds so lovely that I feel like coming with him!!!!

Thanks again!!!!

Brilliant! The best news ever!

Finally Wallace can relax and grow old disgracefully. lol.
    I'm so pleased that he's found a new home, I really hope he settles in well and we'd love to see as many piccies on here as you can get on.

Thanks again Liz for all the help.

I've been following the Wallace and Gromit story since they first appeared on the site. It's been like a soap opera. To say I'm delighted with the news today, is a huge understatement. What a happy ending, thanks, and good luck to Wallace, though I'm sure he doesn't need it now.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    I've been following the Wallace and Gromit story since they first appeared on the site. It's been like a soap opera. To say I'm delighted with the news today, is a huge understatement. What a happy ending, thanks, and good luck to Wallace, though I'm sure he doesn't need it now.
    Many thanks for your good wishes.
    I am sure these lovely pair have touched many hearts.

It is so good that Wallace is going to a home where he can make a full recovery from his ordeal.
    I am sure his chum Gromit will be happy for him!

It is happy endings like this which makes the work we do, which can get very stressful, so rewarding.

I'm really glad that Wallace has finally found a good home. I visited him, and Gromit, when they were in foster care last year, to take the pictures for the Cats Protection website. I can honestly say he was one of the nicest cats I've ever seen. We didn't have names for them back them so I'm afraid it was me who named them Wallace and Gromit!

He's been through an awful lot and he really deserves the best of attention now. It would be great to get an update when he's settled in a bit. Thanks ber219 :-)

Default wallace

Wallace went to his new home tonight and it was sad to see him go
    Ive known him since the beginning and he was originally called Winston and gromit was originally called Susie who was being fed by the last person who 'left' him although he was not really her cat she was just feeding him when he came round for food, but the change in him since then was quite drastic, he was a confident cat who got on well with cats and dogs but now he is scared of everything, dont like other cats, aint to fussed about dogs and has a lack of confidence, but i think that he will now get the peace that he requires to relax and regenerate as long as he is kept indoors for several weeks or as long as poss as he does like his home comforts and was happy sleeping all day on the bed, so i dont think he will mind not getting out as he would make a good housecat!!
    Hope to hear how he is doing soon from his new home

Default Wallace in his new home

We got Wallace home ok last night although as Blondscot said last night he does NOT like Catboxes, I thought he was going to claw his way out of it on the way home.

Anyway I let him out of his catbox in the Kitchen last night beside his cat litter tray so he knew where it was, he wanted a fuss straight away and then he had a little wander through the house checking out every room, I put his food out and biscuits and he ate that straight away and then disappeared only to find him lying on the spare bed to which he then jumped off and came for some more fuss, some more food and then wandered off through to my bed and then proceeded to walk all around the bed (I have a big thick feather duvet) and then curl up on my side of the bed by my pillow and purr so loud I couldn't hear anything else, I got down to give him a fuss on the bed, he head butted me with his head to give me a love and then he heard Dean in the kitchen open a can of beans and flew of the bed straight into the kitchen thinking it was more food it was so funny.

Anyway he spent all night asleep with us at the end of the bed and got up with me at 6.30 this morning for his breakfast and his toilet duties (remarkably litter trained to a high standard) and then proceeded to trot through to the bedroom again, sit on the floor on Dean's side of the bed and meow as loud as he could for as long as he could to wake Dean up and get a cuddle from him. Apparently, he has been asleep all day on the spare bed and only got up to sit in the window, eat, play or go to the loo.

I think he has decided he likes this new home straight away, we absolute love him to bits and he is the biggest cat I have ever seen and the most lovable.

Anyway, I will get some pictures taken of him in the next few days and post them on here.

Vicky

Thumbs up

Oh Vicky that is wonderful news!!!

He has certainly made himself at home!

He obviously feels safe with you and Dean and I can't tell you how happy I am to know that he truly has found his forever home.
    If ever a cat deserved this Wallace does!!!

I wish you all many, many happy years together!

Brilliant news! I'm so glad he's settled in so Well, he certainly sounds like the old Wallace. lol.
    I'm a bit confused about him not liking the cat box though cos we never had any problems with him in one whatsoever. Still, he's been through a lot since then.
    He certainly likes his cuddles and given half a chance he'll sleep on your chest. lol. When he was confined to certain rooms here cos the cats were attacking him, he spent all his time asleep on my daughters bed. It seemed to be his favourite spot.

I'm so so glad that he's settled and is in a home that obviously loves him so.
    I look forward to some piccies of the little man.

xx