Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
And Paul Kavanagh hits the nail squarely on the head:- https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2...-nationalists/
What an absolute load of tosh from The National writer. What both he and you fail miserably to grasp is that there is no appetite for a referendum, other than from the minority constantly calling for one. This country isn't awash with cash to keep having referendums. Surely even you can grasp that?

Polls show less than 50% would vote yes, the SNP/greens got less than 50% of the votes at the last elections. I for one, don't want money wasted on this issue until the SNP can show WAY more than 50% support a second referendum.

If you, the rest of the 'yes' movement want an 'advisory' referendum, then get all your supporters to 'chip in' to a GoFund me page, and when you have enough cash, pay for a referendum, just don't use my tax money unless you can demonstrate well over 50% support it.

So you and your article are wrong to assume just because the SNP have the most seats, the population demand a second referendum. We the majority don't.