Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Big Gig

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Big Gig

need someone to supply a drumkit if they would be so kind, oh pretty pretty please.

also due to an ongoing misunderstanding, no backline is supplied, must bring own amps etc etc. your own leads, etc etc. but mics are supplied.

also this situation has caused me to break my oath....darn.

so please pass on the info.

but i will email bands seperatley soon.

I think it might be an idea to have some sort of backline available to all bands. I've spoken to Moncur, and although I can't speak for him, I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to put up his bass amp and a cabinet or two if needed.

Having each and every band changing amps is only gonna slow the event down. I'm pretty sure Isaac would agree that the less pissing around between bands the better. Having to re-mic amps every band is gonna be a nightmare.

I think someone might also offer the use of their kit. The same one as last year I hope.

As I said in a previous thread, I'll lend my 2x12 cab, 4x12 cab AND my laney Bass Amp. All guitarists will have to provide their own ampheads to go through the cabs (unless you're a MATE of mine and ask me nicely i'll lend you my amphead if neccessary). If your guitar amp is a combo then most of them should be able to run through either cab as long as it has a speaker output on it.

Any person found to be abusing the equipment I lend will get a swift finger wagging from me then a swift guitar neck where the sun dont shine!

Yup, my kit can be used again this year.

Same rules tho. Please provide your own pedals, snare and cymbals.

Also, hope its not too much to ask, but given the damage to skins last year would money be available to replace skins AFTER this gig?

I think that would be a big yes to both of you guys. All of that gear would go a long way to saving the sound man a lot of bother. A decent drum kit, a bass amp and a couple of cabs. I think a lot of guitarists will have combos, but it should be easy enough to accomodate them.

when is this gig i wouldn't mind comin through to see it, k dragon if you have a minute do you wanna meet up if i can make it