Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Gig

Default Big Gig

need someone to supply a drumkit if they would be so kind, oh pretty pretty please.

also due to an ongoing misunderstanding, no backline is supplied, must bring own amps etc etc. your own leads, etc etc. but mics are supplied.

also this situation has caused me to break my oath....darn.

so please pass on the info.

but i will email bands seperatley soon.

I think it might be an idea to have some sort of backline available to all bands. I've spoken to Moncur, and although I can't speak for him, I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to put up his bass amp and a cabinet or two if needed.

Having each and every band changing amps is only gonna slow the event down. I'm pretty sure Isaac would agree that the less pissing around between bands the better. Having to re-mic amps every band is gonna be a nightmare.

I think someone might also offer the use of their kit. The same one as last year I hope.

As I said in a previous thread, I'll lend my 2x12 cab, 4x12 cab AND my laney Bass Amp. All guitarists will have to provide their own ampheads to go through the cabs (unless you're a MATE of mine and ask me nicely i'll lend you my amphead if neccessary). If your guitar amp is a combo then most of them should be able to run through either cab as long as it has a speaker output on it.

Any person found to be abusing the equipment I lend will get a swift finger wagging from me then a swift guitar neck where the sun dont shine!

Yup, my kit can be used again this year.

Same rules tho. Please provide your own pedals, snare and cymbals.

Also, hope its not too much to ask, but given the damage to skins last year would money be available to replace skins AFTER this gig?

I think that would be a big yes to both of you guys. All of that gear would go a long way to saving the sound man a lot of bother. A decent drum kit, a bass amp and a couple of cabs. I think a lot of guitarists will have combos, but it should be easy enough to accomodate them.

when is this gig i wouldn't mind comin through to see it, k dragon if you have a minute do you wanna meet up if i can make it

first off thanks to all who have offered equipment. i need some one, i asked jeid but not sure he wants to, to take this final part outta my hands, as im stretched beyond my limits i have no time for this final important part. i need someone to organise the backline amongst themselves. its just that bit too much for me at the moment.

I said I'd do it, I just thought that since these people had offered their gear before that it wouldn't be much of a problem.

On a slightly different Big Gig note... I see everyones favourite ex-Orger Uppieballad has plastered the town in posters with the headline "The Big Gig" to publicise his film week at the end of July. It's really good to see he's let the whole copyright thing go eh...?

One word, three letters, begining with F. You can figure the rest out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post
    On a slightly different Big Gig note... I see everyones favourite ex-Orger Uppieballad has plastered the town in posters with the headline "The Big Gig" to publicise his film week at the end of July. It's really good to see he's let the whole copyright thing go eh...?
    Yeah I saw this on his Bebo account, he has made a movie trailer for the Big Gig 2007 which will be an Amateur Film Festival in the British Legion. It has no sound incase you think your speakers are broken.

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?Fla...rId=2498665766

Lol.... that's all I can say. The man is pathetic.

Sorry that was the wrong link, this is the proper movie, still no sound

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=4357485800

You would think common sense wouldl rule here and say that Big Gig is not really a fitting name for a film festival, gigging and cinema don't realy fit, but I guess if you want to be very very stubborn and immature at the same time then it may just work, if someone remakes spinal tap or quadrophenia or something.

Oh and by the way his Trailer is packed full of copyright breaches.

I notice that someone's made a comment on his film site.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

so can i rely on jeid to organise a backline of amps and drums for me? again really appreciate it. also if all who are involved in big gig could pass word on about snares etc. im just so stretched and well.....burnt out really lol. will be glad just to see all on stage having fun.

the series cft are showing is from america by an amatuer film group, the "chad vader" series, how he got permission to show a semi professional groups series i dont know, not sure he did get permisssion, also "the big gig movie festival".......wtf mate?

I've seen the Chad vader series, and the extra footage. I haven't seen the posters yet but is that what I will be paying £3 to get into at the film festival, stuff I've seen for free on youtube??
    Eh?
    I wonder if the charities concerned are aware of these potential copyright breaches. Also, is this going to impinge on the reputation of your real Big Gig at the Dammies??

Don't burn out too quick K Dragon. It'll be worth it, the feeling of euphoria you get after the event is done (even with all the hassles on the day!) would be worth a fortune if bottled!

lol cheers.

yeah never thought about that 3 quid for free footage. unfortunately im in one of the bloody films as is my girlfriend, my cousin and all my social group. apparently because i didnt sign anything i cant retract the footage.

Sorry - Because you DIDN'T sign anything, you can't retract the footage??? Who told you that?
    I'm not certain but I've a feeling that you have some say in how your image is used, even if you did willingly take part in the filming. Especially if any of the group are under 18 years old - parental consent would have to be given as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast