Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Farmers bad road manners cost me £1200.

Default Farmers bad road manners cost me £1200.

A mess left on the road from a farmer spreading dung in a park at thurso east corner has cost me £1200 repair. A huge truck drove through the mess a throw all that rain soften waste on to my car at 70mph . I was doing twenty and he was going like the bats ,it rattled off the front and side of the car and damaged the Automatic Headlight system. The headlight allow is £700 plus vat and then theres fitting and computer coding of the new part . Which makes £1200 plus vat, plus the car has to go to Inverness to get it fitted and codes .

the farmer said “ prove it was me “. Even though the road was covered in muck and lots of cars were damaged and plastered with cow waste.

Sorry to hear about your incident, unfortunately it seems to be something that is allowed to happen all too frequently in many rural areas. Did you get the Police involved ? Photographic or video evidence would have been good to show your insurance company.

I passed that way today and see that there are "slippery roads" signs out now.

Another dangerous practice by farmers is that of allowing farm gates to swing open on to roads, the Police take a very dim view of this and if pushed will caution the offender.

I recall a relative of mine living in Germany where the farmers had to clean the roads up when they left the fields. As a result farmers tended to scrap the mud off their tyres
    before going on to the roads.

Just imagine what would have happened to a motorcyclist.

Nice one Goodfellers !

This has been going on for years, I remember my Dad not coming home one night, he was in hospital after being hit by another car which skidded on farmers mud. He got away with a smashed face (pre airbags) and a written off car.

fit a dash cam
    would of saved you £1200.
    prosecution with that evidence would be 100% guaranteed.
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

I’ve taken you advice on board and when the cars getting it’s new light fitted it’s getting a dash cam at the same time. Cheers

good idea
    shame it's years after you should have gotten one.

evidence is always the key to any motoring issue.

A huge truck drove through the mess a throw all that rain soften waste on to my car at 70mph
    now if you could ID the truck, though it wasn't doing 70MPH and get its camera footage which it will have i bet , you'd have a case.
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs