Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Postage stamps

Default Postage stamps

I noticed an article online which seemed to suggest that postage stamps would stop being valid after 31st January 2023 and that they are being replaced with barcoded stamps.

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/barcoded-stamps

It seems a bit of a nuisance to me, what do other people think?

I saw it as well, I suppose they call it progress, hmmm.......

Just have to be careful about stocking up in advance especially before Christmas.

It would be good if the P.O would exchange old type stamps for new after that date but that would be too generous.

The PO will be setting up a stamp swap scheme when the bar coded stamps are issued, you will have to download a form and it will enable you to swap non bar coded stamps up to the value of £200 for an unspecified length of time.

If you use non bar coded stamps after bar coded ones are issued then the recipient will have to pay a surcharge.

Christmas stamps are exempt from this - so stock up on Christmas stamps and send them all year!!
    More of big brother watching you with the bar coded stamps

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Christmas stamps are exempt from this - so stock up on Christmas stamps and send them all year!!
    More of big brother watching you with the bar coded stamps
    Hey Pat, The World is ‘a changin’ for the better…….MAYBE!

There is a petition about this titled "Require the Royal Mail to continue to accept non-barcoded postage stamps" on the UK Government and Parliament Petitions website:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/609103