So the independence drum is beating again and we already have one almighty argument about who would be liable to pay the State Pension.

My understanding was that if some one had paid their NI contributions to the UK Government then it would be the UK Government who would pay the pension.

Any NI contributions paid to the Scottish Government after independence would then mean that the SG would pay pension relating to those contributions. This I thought would, in some cases mean that some pensioners would receive a pension in two payments, one from the UK Gov and one from the SG. Eventually the SG would end up paying all of the state pension.

This appears to be what Sturgeon and Blackford think as well. Unfortunately Kate Forbes doesn't seem to know and stated she would not argue with Blackford.

The SNP policy Convenor has thrown some doubt on who would be liable to pay state pension.

It would appear that there is no real clarity on this issue from either the SG or UK Gov. There are many biased opinions on the internet but what the People of Scotland need is clear, truthful and up to date information that is not based on flawed statements that were made before the 2014 referendum.

I wonder how much "clear and truthful" info will be forthcoming. !