Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porky Pies

Corky…just read the definition of DEVOLUTION.
    Just because you don’t like the meaning, doesn't make it any less or more.
    You are controlled by a Central Gov’t and they give u money…..Bucks…….to spend as The Scottish Gov’t wants…..and they are not doing it well!
    Guess what…No Country is doing anything well at the moment.

I remember a quite a number of years ago, seeing all the signage in The North….
    The Councils were flush with cash, and decided to have beautiful pained signs at the entrance to every village and Town….some had 2/3/4/5 6 signs including slow and the speed limit.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 05-Feb-22 at 02:37.

I'm sorry, but that last post was pathetic.

I know very well what devolution means and in fact I liked the definition so much I voted for it in 1997.

As to "Central Gov't" giving us money you make it sound like a hand-out and that Scotland is a charity case. The simple fact of the matter is that virtually all taxes and other revenues coming from Scotland are in-gathered by The Treasury in Westminster. The Scottish Government estimates that for the fiscal year 2020/21 revenue generated in Scotland was c.£62 billion. A proportion (roughly 50%) of that is then returned to the Scottish Government to run the services for which it has devolved responsibility. The other roughly 50% is retained by Westminster to run non-devolved services.

Oh, and we don't use "Bucks" in Scotland.

As to the last paragraph I really have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Ohhhh ‘C’…….Methinks it’s your own Government that has the probs!

Oh dear! It's really inconvenient when the truth gets in the way and blows your argument to bits, isn't it? Not a word of rebuttal; not shred of evidence presented, only more of the, "world according to The Horseman".

By coincidence, I came upon some relevant charts and graphs when I was reading Paul Kavanagh's blog this morning. Here are just two of them (click on the image to enlarge).

1. Map showing where revenue is generated in the UK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Revenue in the UK.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	35717

2. Map showing where the UK's wealth ends up

Name:	wealth distribution.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	35718

By all means take issue with these charts but please provide some evidence to back up what you write.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Oh dear! It's really inconvenient when the truth gets in the way and blows your argument to bits, isn't it? Not a word of rebuttal; not shred of evidence presented, only more of the, "world according to The Horseman".

By coincidence, I came upon some relevant charts and graphs when I was reading Paul Kavanagh's blog this morning. Here are just two of them (click on the image to enlarge).

1. Map showing where revenue is generated in the UK.

Name:	Revenue in the UK.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	35717

2. Map showing where the UK's wealth ends up

Name:	wealth distribution.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	35718

By all means take issue with these charts but please provide some evidence to back up what you write.
    C’est La Vie, If you Support your Scottish Gov’t which you obviously do.
    Blame them!

Once again I really have very little idea what you are trying to prove. There seems little point in continuing this discussion since clearly you are unable to provide any evidence to support what you claim. It is impossible to have a fruitful debate with someone who has very strong views but has absolutely no idea why s/he holds them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Once again I really have very little idea what you are trying to prove. There seems little point in continuing this discussion since clearly you are unable to provide any evidence to support what you claim. It is impossible to have a fruitful debate with someone who has very strong views but has absolutely no idea why s/he holds them.
    Corky…You produce an ‘inequity’! Who runs Scotland!?.. It’s your own Gov’t that many Scots support, even with the ‘fiascos’ over the past years….
    Rah, Rah for the SNP and their Leadership.
    Salmond’s Legal Bills etc., cost a lot more than stated, and the Shenanagins going on with the SNP hasn't changed. And their ‘Secret’ Guests! Are they serving you…Of course not…they ‘serve’ themselves and their friends! Over and over and over……ditto!

Corky…Another ‘dispute’ eh!
    It’s never ending…….
    I think the Scots should put their heads down and work hard.
    Get the economy running nicely with all the ‘Arguementers’ locked up somewhere….
    If not, ‘back to square one’…..There is no good going to come with everyone fighting and arguing!
    Same Old….Same Old!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12