Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: A Student Research Survey

Default A Student Research Survey

Hello, The Org! Some of you may have seen my posting on Facebook. The response has been excellent, but the more people I have participating, the better my data, so I thought I would also post here in case a few folk not on FB may have a spare 10 minutes and be interested in helping me out.

I am a part-time student at the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) working on a BAHonours degree on the Gaelic Scotland course. It is my final (8th!) year, and I am now doing work on my Honours Dissertation. The topic of my research is Gaelic in Caithness: Past Foundation to Future Prospects, and for this I am inviting past and current Caithness residents who are 16 years of age and over to participate in an online survey in order to collect data regarding their experience with, and attitudes toward, Scottish Gaelic.

PLEASE NOTE - I realise that you ALL will want to help me out by taking part (cos you are all awesome like that 🙂 ), however due to privacy, security, and legal concerns, as well as the parameters of the research, PARTICIPANTS MUST:
    1. Be located in the UK only
    2. Be over the age of 16 years
    3. Be a former or current resident of Caithness

Your participation in this research is both voluntary and anonymous. Data collected will be stored securely by the research investigator for a period not exceeding the end of May 2022. The involvement of participants will consist of the completion of a 10-minute survey which will be available online until 13 February 2022. You can exit the survey at any time, however, once the survey is completed, participants will not be able to withdraw survey data. The data will be used solely for the purpose of the paper indicated and will not be shared with any third parties. I thank everyone in advance for their participation.

The survey can be found at the link below, and it is open until 13 February 2022. Please feel free to share with other Caithness folk!
    https://uhi.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-...c-of-people-in
    The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

Done! Swift and painless.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Done! Swift and painless.

Thank you!

LAST CALL! The survey closes tomorrow (Sunday, 13 Feb). Anyone who has a spare 10 minutes and can help out, your participation will be greatly appreciated