Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Politicians fighting.

No Horseman, reasonable people are not angry about everything but they are certainly angry about this. Two thirds of people/voters in the whole of the UK think that Johnson should resign and 4 out of 5 people in Scotland. Is that good enough for you?
    Oh and just to say, so bored with you going on about CNN- complete yawn factor so far as I'm concerned at least. Wonder why you are so obsessed with it.
    Last edited by Fulmar; 27-Jan-22 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    No Horseman, reasonable people are not angry about everything but they are certainly angry about this. Two thirds of people/voters in the whole of the UK think that Johnson should resign and 4 out of 5 people in Scotland. Is that good enough for you?
    Oh and just to say, so bored with you going on about CNN- complete yawn factor so far as I'm concerned at least. Wonder why you are so obsessed with it.
    First…It’s the Media that ‘stirred’ this up. We have the same thing with a Convoy of Trucks, 35 miles long.

And if you want to listen to Lies, carry in with CNN. Am just pointing out some truths!
    I do think that The Public at large appreciates the fact that all Media outlets are affiliated to Political influence, but when they abuse their Objectivity, the Public should be warned!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 29-Jan-22 at 00:50.

I don't listen to CNN as you put it, why would I since I don't live across the Atlantic as you do! I thankfully have many sources of information I can access and don't bang on about the BBC either- do us all a favour. I am perfectly capable of forming my own judgements on political events without you telling me what to do or think- as is everyone else I know.

I wanted to see if there had been any attempts to measure bias in the U.S. media.

I came across some research done by someone called J.J. Prior. I have no idea who this person is or what their affiliations may be but s/he has attempted to address this very issue. The work is more journalistic in nature rather than truly academic but nonetheless it provided some interesting data. The link to the article is given below.

https://jjpryor.medium.com/how-stati...s-f28f0fab3cb3

If you can't be bothered to read it all here are some salient points:-

Reliability was measured on a scale from 0 to 64 (unreliable to reliable).

Bias was measured from -42 to +42 (left to right).

CNN scored 42.22 on reliability and -5.69 on bias.

Fox News scored 26.76 on reliability and 15.31 on bias

I can't say these results were anything other than, pretty much as I expected.

What was interesting was how many news sources were measured and how many were much less reliable and much more biased than either CNN or Fox News. It was also interesting to see so many people in the U.S. using U.K. sources.

I live in Canada, part of ‘North America’…….. And travelled extensively in The US.
    I used to visit Caithness yearly until 2018, and sometimes stayed with relatives who had ‘The TV’ in the morning, sometimes all day.
    On many occasions it was CNN reporting ‘ The most trusted news’, which shocked me as it was so one sided it was baffling!
    Their attempted destruction of Donald Trump was unbelievable……it has been proved as mostly Fake News, and those responsible are Criminally charged with many offences, and most of the CNN Anchors are gone. See my initial post….just totally disgusting!

I have some knowledge of The North and follow most of what is going on, and methinks many people had ‘a wee party’ in their ‘back yard’.
    Top elected Officials have the opposition at their heels, and have the ‘up and comers’ in their own party trying to get them out. I was watching the comments and most of it was Political Grandstanding!

I did look at the JJ Prior report and that was 18 months ago, with analysis from months before that.
    CNN has basically collapsed. They have lost much of their advertising and Newscasters. They are trying by hiring a Fox Host, paying him an exorbitant sum of money to attempt to erase their near demise!

News should be objective……its a ‘tough go’! All for now. Ty.

Perhaps your Caithness friends should just use their remote a bit more- it's a bit of a bizarre inference that you make in my opinion and as I said above, you clearly don't get it as regards what's happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    I live in Canada, part of ‘North America’…….. And travelled extensively in The US.
    I used to visit Caithness yearly until 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    …If you hate our Leader so much, why would you want to come to America.
    So... From those comments can I conclude that you won't be visiting Scotland or The US again until the SNP & Joe Biden are no longer in power & replaced by something more to your liking?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

The two Big Guns are out for me!
    ******Fulmar…..Bizarre that they watch the American channels! Oh Deary me!

******Alrock….. Another Oh Dear…… You both aren't thinking straight…..

And I see Boris is sending The Cavalry…150 of The Light Brigade to Ukraine…..got then off the topic of dumping him.

Seriously your arguments are ‘flawed’….Look around you…..Politicians are all the same….

My thoughts were that Great Britain should not be Fighting Amongst themselves, when in the throws of Covid. Simples..make of that what you wish. Read what I said of The Boris Parties….’Mickey Mouse’! Pity Emojis don’t work here!

Hi Horseman, I'm not out for you as you put it- I could not care less! I certainly think that most of what you say is very weird and that you are following some agenda of your own, whatever that is. One question, do you post like this on other Forums in countries where you are not resident or is it just this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Hi Horseman, I'm not out for you as you put it- I could not care less! I certainly think that most of what you say is very weird and that you are following some agenda of your own, whatever that is. One question, do you post like this on other Forums in countries where you are not resident or is it just this one?
    *****To me…this was ‘an informative’ posting. I do not express my opinions elsewhere!
    I am from Caithness, thus I feel people should be aware of ‘false prophets’.
    I am not Religious, but Jesus said…’Take heed that no (person)’ deceives you!

Yep, I agree with you there. Leaders of governments should not deceive people!

Do the readers here think that the ‘Full Might’ of the London Met Police, be chasing after The PM and members of Parliament for a picture of Boris, with a bottle of ‘wobbly pop’?
    A Criminal Investigation……..
    Where has Common Sense gone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12