Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN..Cable News Network…America.

Default CNN..Cable News Network…America.

This has been a topic of discussion on here before!

Be cautious of what you believe watching/listening to CNN!
    And then watch what you believe on ‘The BBC’, as they ‘lift’ News from CNN.
    CNN has lost a large portion of their viewers and of course their Sponsors, (approx80+%) due to the Blatant lies they preach……they went after Donald Trump with a Fake Russian Dossier, compiled by a supposedly Former M16 Officer from The UK.
    It was proven to be false, and arrests of the principals have been made.
    Then Chris Cuomo the main ANCHOR at CNN, supported his brother Andrew Cuomo who was Mayor of New York, and has been ‘de-throned’ for attempting to discredit a woman who claimed one of the many Sexual Assaults.
    Several other Main people at CNN are under Investigation for misdeeds.
    It’s a Political mess, and The Mayor Brother stepped down, and the CNN Anchor Brother has been Sacked……

Explanation…..CNN is a Democratic based News Outlet…..Liberal.
    Fox is a Republican based Outlet……Conservative.

Donald Trump was not a Presidential Type, BUT……most if the bad press stories were made up by CNN and other Liberal outlets.
    In The United States, Hundreds of Millions of $’s are involved in the Elections……It’s a ‘money pit’.

******BORIS doesn't look too bad…He just throws Parties at the wrong time, it seems.

You ask us to, "Be cautious of what you believe watching/listening to CNN! ". You then give us a list of reasons why this should be the case even though many of them won't mean much to those of us on this side of the Atlantic.

Then you tell us, "BORIS doesn't look too bad...". Presumably you saw/heard a report on Fox News; swallowed it hook, line and sinker and expect us to do the same.

Oh, the irony! Believe me (if only this once) Boris does look bad.

In any event I'm not even sure what the point of your post is. Everyone knows that news outlets in the US are highly politicised. I imagine people tune into the one which most closely mirrors their views and gives their confirmation bias a boost. Fox News is just as biased as CNN. It just so happens you appear prefer and are prepared to forgive/overlook it.

Hi, I first saw the Boris issue on BBC World News…..highlighted about 2 Parties!
    I haven't seen it yet on Fox!

Fox had their problems several years ago and really cleaned up their Act!
    The point of my Comment is that News should/must be Objective!

There js no irony……when a Media Outlet finds ‘Fake Dirt’ ….actually Creates it, they should be taken to task..basically ignored.

Your final comment…..Yes Fox News did some bad things years ago, but they didn't sway an Election. That is bad!
    I contributed for approx 8/10 years to News in Canada and on occasion in the States. in Fact I received a call one day from Moray Firth Radio Station, from…U know where, when several Northern Soccer Players were killed in Canada. They even interviewed me as they identified my Accent!
    MY By-Line here is CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Not gonna bother going through all your misguided points, so I'll just do one...

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    ...Then Chris Cuomo the main ANCHOR at CNN, supported his brother Andrew Cuomo who was Mayor of New York, and has been ‘de-throned’ for attempting to discredit a woman who claimed one of the many Sexual Assaults.
    For which he was instantly taken off the air & eventually sacked after an investigation. What about all the Fox News hosts currently being sued for all their lies & yet are still on air & still spreading lies?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Point me in the direction of those at Fox who are under Investigation.
    like i previously said, they had their own probs years ago, and it seems that they are now ‘toeing the line’.

What I find disturbing is that The BBC uses direct quotes from CNN. I had though that The BBC was above that, e.g. spreading totally false stories, but not so. We are entitled to have some decent objective reporting.
    Several years ago I was ‘Poo Pooed’ on here for suggesting CNN was corrupt.
    Now after a 3 year Investigation into The Steele Dossier, one of ‘your boys, all that was said about Donald Trump and his Russian connections was lies.

I just re read your comment in my MISGUIDED POINTS.

I gave the TV Stations connections….I have nothing to hide.
    What I Sayeth is that Your BBC copies without their own Investigation, all that CNN says……

Can you imagine, if a Major News Network made up a Story on perhaps YOU…Then fed it to all the Media and Vowed that this was the Truth,
    and everyone started running it as Gospel, later to find that it was a Total Lie………
    YOU find that OK!
    The Operative in the Steele Dossier invited an Investigator from The US to Britain, and attempted to set him up with Devious things….
    In you Avatar at the bottom of your Posts, perhaps practice what you Preach!
    Lets stop the Bleeding!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 15-Jan-22 at 19:40.

".... it seems that they are now ‘toeing the line".

My goodness, nothing could be further from the truth. For years Fox News claimed to be "Fair and Balanced" despite the evidence from its output showing the reverse to be the case. In fact, the phrase "Fair and Balanced" was it's corporate tagline until it abandoned the pretence and stopped using it in 2017. Now it openly flaunts the fact that it is neither fair nor balanced.

You will forgive me for not having much faith in your defence of them.

A question……did you Like/Support Donald Trump?

I don't think you really need me to answer that question ..... do you?

OK…..but that means I don’t know.
    Do you like anyone?

When I came back to Caithness over the years, I saw many people ‘glued’ to CNN. They take Politics as Seriously and believe CNN and the BBC.
    CNN is a Paid Organization of the Democratic Party."…………..Fox is not as Associated to the Republicans. They are more independant.
    I thought you mite be a Conservative, as was Prez Trump.

BTW…I would suggest that everyone go to Youtube and watch…..Donald’s BIBLE by Clarence Sexton!

******Corky……You may see THAT light/or at least an EPIPHANY!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 16-Jan-22 at 04:52.

BTW…I would suggest that everyone go to Youtube and watch…..Donald’s BIBLE by Clarence Sexton!

What has that got to do with anything?

Obviously you are not a Scot!

And pray tell who is being sued at Fox….altho the ‘thrust’ of my info is ‘not to accept’ anything on CNN. Corruption and lies.
    If they can run on the premise of a FAKE STORY, to wit ..The Steele Dossier for years, one mite hesitate to watch/listen.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 16-Jan-22 at 08:27.

How do you come to that conclusion?

And pray tell who is being sued at Fox….
    OK... I'll bite... Here is just one example...

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

I thought you mite be a Conservative, as was Prez Trump.
    Don't you swear at me!!! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Don't you swear at me!!! ��
    Would never do that….but without the Tories you would have nothing….no money at Ll. Conservative..seek the definition!

Now to Alrock….

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion?

Coz Donald Trump is of Scottish Ancestry!

OK... I'll bite... Here is just one example...
    You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers
    Yes I have read that…never did I say he/they/Fox didn’t take some POETIC LICENCE!
    Tucker Carlson was sued and WON. E.g. Stretching the Facts….no actual Malice….Literal Commentary. Nothing Criminal.
    In fact it was not settled by ‘Nobodies’…It was the Courts!

Now CNN…….There have been many misdeeds by CNN and these are a few..
    Chris Cuomo, lead Anchor of CNN, attempting to discredit a Sexual Assault Survivor from his Brother’s days as Mayor, and now accused of Sexual Assault of a former Co-Worker"…It was only when The Public came out in droves that CNN suspended him!…..…….Don Lemon accused of Sexual Assaulting a man!…..Jeffrey Toobin, a highly respected (?) CNN Lawyer, Masturbating on Live Zoom.(back at work on CNN)….. Another Senior Producer recently acquiring women and their Young Children to perform Fetish acts…..arrested and in Custody…and the most serious Act…

….being involved in, and continually profiling that Donald Trump was a Russian Stooge with close ties to Putin….
    The Steele Fake Dossier which Clinton tried to make true, but couldn't, then taken over by The Said Democratic controlled Network…. CNN.
    Arrests have been made! But Trump lost The Election and don't tell anyone that Biden is fit for Prez!

Methinks, there is quite a difference in their methods.
    Yes I agree that the Media needs a ‘Cleenup’, but the extent that CNN went to is Scary.
    They have lost their Cash Supporters by the droves…..No one believes them! Over 80%.
    And THE BBC continues to use articles contributed by CNN…..When will those in Authority realize the size of their ‘illusion’!

So ‘enuff’ said by moi.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 17-Jan-22 at 02:27.

Would never do that….but without the Tories you would have nothing….no money at Ll.
    What? I really have no idea what you mean by that statement. Any chance you could elaborate?

If, after all this time on the Org, you think I might be a conservative (with a capital "C" or a lower-case "c") you have not been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    What? I really have no idea what you mean by that statement. Any chance you could elaborate?

If, after all this time on the Org, you think I might be a conservative (with a capital "C" or a lower-case "c") you have not been paying attention.
    Sorry typo.
    Liberals spend money they don't have…..Tories save money…simple in my mind…ty.
    Perhaps you shud choose the WINNING side!

Coz Donald Trump is of Scottish Ancestry!
    So... by that definition you can't be German unless you support Hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    So... by that definition you can't be German unless you support Hitler?
    I shall forgive U., except……are you indicating that of Donald Trump?
    When Trump was The Prez, people didn't like him so they said quite nasty things about him, particularly on Facebook/generally social media.
    I know of several people who arrived at the US Border on their way to their ‘Winter Haven’!
    They were asked a question…What do you think of Prez Trump? Some would say they didn't like him. So Border Control would look at their Social Media posts and depending on their comments there, would send them home, stating…If you hate our Leader so much, why would you want to come to America. Sometimes they were told come back in a a specific period time, or never!

Please tell me what your Avatar means? Ty
    Last edited by The Horseman; 17-Jan-22 at 16:18.

I shall forgive U., except……are you indicating that of Donald Trump?
    When Trump was The Prez, people didn't like him so they said quite nasty things about him, particularly on Facebook/generally social media.
    I know of several people who arrived at the US Border on their way to their ‘Winter Haven’!
    They were asked a question…What do you think of Prez Trump? Some would say they didn't like him. So Border Control would look at their Social Media posts and depending on their comments there, would send them home, stating…If you hate our Leader so much, why would you want to come to America. Sometimes they were told come back in a a specific period time, or never!

Please tell me what your Avatar means? Ty

I have never said that Trump is like Hitler, though admittedly he seems to be trying many of the same techniques as Hitler used to seize power.

There is no requirement to love any particular individual to want to enter any country, by that logic at present you yourself should be banned from the US because of your dislike of Biden.

My Avatar means whatever you want it to mean.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast