Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: BBC headlines today…around the World…’Canada Bans importation of Russian Oil’.

  1. #1

    Default BBC headlines today…around the World…’Canada Bans importation of Russian Oil’.

    Canada DOES NOT IMPORT RUSSIAN OIL, and hasn't done so for years. Confirmed by PM Trudeau!
    Canada is the 4th largest producer of oil in the World.

    The Reporting by THE BBC is so ‘out of control’ it is unbelievable!……

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    The Reporting by THE BBC is so ‘out of control’ it is unbelievable!……
    Why is it unbelievable? It is entirely as we have come to expect in recent years.

    Folk on here have been banging on about bias and lack of impartiality at the BBC for ages. In fact, only two days ago it was rebuked by OFCOM for its reporting of the Alex Salmond case.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60646196

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Canada DOES NOT IMPORT RUSSIAN OIL, and hasn't done so for years. Confirmed by PM Trudeau!
    Canada is the 4th largest producer of oil in the World.

    The Reporting by THE BBC is so ‘out of control’ it is unbelievable!……
    Er... Yes it does (or did), albeit a neglegible amount making it more of a symbolic jesture. They even pointed this fact out on the BBC by quoting Mr Trudeau...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Trudeau
    While Canada has imported very little amounts in recent years, this measure sends a powerful message,
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Why is it unbelievable? It is entirely as we have come to expect in recent years.

    Folk on here have been banging on about bias and lack of impartiality at the BBC for ages. In fact, only two days ago it was rebuked by OFCOM for its reporting of the Alex Salmond case.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60646196
    Do you not see the irony of this post...

    You're trying to make the point that the BBC cannot be trusted by posting a link to the (untrustworthy) BBC to back up your claim...
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."


  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Er... Yes it does (or did), albeit a neglegible amount making it more of a symbolic jesture. They even pointed this fact out on the BBC by quoting Mr Trudeau...
    Canada said that it was OIL PRODUCTS…
    The last time anything came from Russia was 2018…..
    I was talking about the Headline! Nothing about a symbolic gesture in The Headline!

    Methinks that is a Bit more than ‘poetic licence’!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Do you not see the irony of this post...

    You're trying to make the point that the BBC cannot be trusted by posting a link to the (untrustworthy) BBC to back up your claim...
    You are absolutely correct; it is ironic and a bit dopey on my part. I didn't think it through. Sorry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •