Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Disappointed Children

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Disappointed Children

I asked some children "Did they have a good Christmas ?"

They replied "No !".

Apparently they did not get the presents that they were expecting.

In addition to what they would normally get they were expecting to receive either a laptop or bicycle from Aunt Nicola who said during the election campaign that she would make sure needy children would get these items when she was re-elected.

Has anyone in Caithness received a laptop and or a bicycle from Aunt Nicola ?

If so, could you please supply the contact details so that people can apply for the items they were promised during last years election campaign.

Thank you in advance.

I tell you what. Ask Boris to send up some of the £350,000,000 a week he promised the electorate that the UK would save if we voted for Brexit. That would buy a lot of bikes and laptops.

Curiously, the people of Scotland don't seem too disappointed with Aunt Nicola. The latest polling analysis shows that the SNP would win all 59 seats if there were a general election - https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/scotland.html

Have we given up with the Politics section now? I really expected this topic to be totally different and was intrigued to read it at first to see what it was all about.

I think Boris the Baffoon is otherwise occupied trying to survive to answer any more questions and did anyone really believe any of the promises made by the Brexiteers, obviously some did. I would think that Brexit is probably costing the UK that much each week.

What has a polling analysis to do with breaking promises or lying ?

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    I tell you what. Ask Boris to send up some of the £350,000,000 a week he promised the electorate that the UK would save if we voted for Brexit. That would buy a lot of bikes and laptops.

Curiously, the people of Scotland don't seem too disappointed with Aunt Nicola. The latest polling analysis shows that the SNP would win all 59 seats if there were a general election - https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/scotland.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bowler View Post
    What has a polling analysis to do with breaking promises or lying ?

Well, you started it by taking a cheap political potshot at the SG over what you claim are broken election promises. All I was doing is pointing out that, whether that is true or not, the Scottish electorate clearly still favour the SNP.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Well, you started it by taking a cheap political potshot at the SG over what you claim are broken election promises. All I was doing is pointing out that, whether that is true or not, the Scottish electorate clearly still favour the SNP.
    Corky, the electorate may well be favouring the SNP at the moment, after all people seem to like disaster stories rather than those with happy endings.

My comment was a statement of fact not a cheap political point, although the powers that be here don't like it we still have the right of freedom of speech and to air our views for the time being.

All parties should be held to account.

Well, since most of the "disaster stories" are perpetrated upon Scotland by the Westminster government then I suspect that the Scottish electorate will be favouring the SNP for a very long time to come.

Your statement was not a "fact". It was an opinion based upon a fiction, i.e. that you surveyed the children of Caithness and are now reporting the results of that survey. If what you said was a fact then it would be indisputable. That is most certainly not the case since I, for one, am disputing it.

Also, what evidence do you have to support your other "fact", namely that the powers that be here do not like freedom of speech? That is nonsense and you know it. And, if that's not a cheap political potshot, I don't know what is. So, whilst I may think you are talking a load of rubbish in this thread I am more than happy to defend your right to do it.

Finally, no-one is arguing against holding political parties to account. That is a basic tenet of any democracy. What is not acceptable is holding them to account with arguments based on nothing but unsubstantiated opinion.

And finally, finally. This thread really ought to be moved to the Politics section.