Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Grey Heron

Default Grey Heron

This bird was fly around the cliffs at the Whaligoe steps while i was sea watching.
    Then to my surprise he landed about 50 feet away.
    I had to use a slower camera setting than i would have liked because it was late evening and there was a big black cloud over head threatening rain.

Colin

karia Guest

Thanks for sharing that Seabird,

One of these beauties flew really low over our car on the A9 and I got a 'tellin
    off' for grabbing OH & shouting 'Look, look!' (well ,..he was driving,..but hey!)

Have shown him your pic, so he knows what he missed.

Keep em coming!

Karia

That's a great picture -herons are wonderful birds, imo.

There's a field near St Andrews where about a dozen frequently gather -as if they're having a meeting -maybe they are?

I love to see a solitary one fishing though.

karia Guest

Hi Angela,

That'll be Heron.org, (fife branch.)

A real bunch of 'chats' so I'm told

Karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    Hi Angela,

That'll be Heron.org, (fife branch.)

A real bunch of 'chats' so I'm told

Karia
    Good one Karia..... LOL
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Hi folks, not been on the birdwatching forum before but when I saw Heron had to say 'Hello'. We are lucky enough to have a Heronry on our land. They are brilliant birds and great parents. When the chicks have hatched they are constantly flying backwards and forwards to the nest to feed their young. Its actually amazing how far they fly to forage for food. Last year we counted 10 nests, haven't had a chance to do so this year yet. Long live the Herons.