Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Facilities for Truckers between Inverness and Thurso

Default Facilities for Truckers between Inverness and Thurso

In view of recent events concerning the road haulage industry across the country and more generally over the last 18 months; what facilities are available for HGV drivers between Inverness and Thurso? We’ve all seen HGVs running up and down the A9, some with well-known names. But, like myself, I suspect we’ve taken them for granted.
    I know we have a few long laybys and I know there’s a ‘truck stop’ of sorts at Skaich services at Evanton but where else can they stop for a decent, comfortable break? Are there adequate facilities at their journey's end?
    My last word is a big THANK YOU to the drivers who keep the far north supplied.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Truckstop at Tore roundabout, there was talk of putting shower facilities at toilets in Golspie when they were built, but nobody thought about where the trucks could park to allow drivers to use them...Thank goodness for babywipes and a bucket. Truckers are the real heroes and heroines. I remember when the first showers were put in for male and female truckers at Kinross services. To get the key for the facility you left your truck key at the cafe....one lorry, one key, two drivers, one of each gender made for some interesting conversations.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

They should build a truckstop on the land next to the Premier Inn & the drivers should be entitled to a free room as part of their contract.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Does anyone really think that the Highland Council would even allow. let alone pay and provide anything that is useful to the people of the Northern Highlands.
    Take note, if I am not mistaken there are no public toilets at Wick so what hope is there for a truckstop !