Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Tokyoblu

Default Tokyoblu

After Jeid's appeal for interest on Hayseed Dixie, I myself am putting forward another equally great band, whom, I reckon, would go down a storm in Caithness. They're called Tokyoblu, and are a live dance-music band. A bit like Basement Jaxx, or Groove Armada. They have a residency at Club Ego in Edinburgh, and will be, this year, the first-ever band to play two different stages at T in the Park. They've recently played Dubai, and have had Fatboy Slim play some of their tracks at Rockness (last year). They also have two, foxy female singers who dress in Chinese clothing ;-) Anyway... I reckon they'd have no problem attracting a crowd. No band in Scotland does what they do. Take a look at their website and judge for yourself: http://www.tokyoblu.com/
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3896211467
    Last edited by The Pepsi Challenge; 30-Jun-07 at 03:13.

They are not bad like, I liked Hillbilly Blu and Set your Soul on Fire, but that Stand Fresh is one of the worst tracks I ever heard, they should sell it to the Spice Girls its pop at its worst. Certainly with their good songs they could be a good nights entertainment for the right kind of crowd. Think I'd rather go see Hayseed Dixie, appeals more to the old fart in me And shouldn't the girls be wearing Japanese clothes?

Sorry, their website failed the 10 second download rule (I gave up waiting for any content of note to appear!! - with my broadband connection . . . . ) so I have no idea what your talking about - or now care. Mmmm is this progress?
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

They're not bad Pepsi, not something I'd go out of my way to listen too like, but harmless enough. I dare say, given the chance, they'd go down fine, of a Saturday night in Skinny-Andy's - perhaps not the most appreciative of audiences, but a paying gig is a paying gig!
    WeeBurd.

Not too bad PC but I think the reaction of the bopper crowd which frequent Skinandis would be along the lines of "I can get dance music anytime in Skins so why should I pay band prices for it".

Just out of interest have there been many south bands in Skins who are not performing mostly covers? Obviously the Saw Doctors were playing their own stuff with maybe a cover thrown in here and there (I don't know - I wasn't there), and the MacDonald brothers would, I imagine but could be wrong, be playing mostly covers.

Would a 'different' band actually go down well there? Is it the crowd requesting more cover bands or is it just the managements perception/knowledge that only this type of band (along with the occasional local group) which will go down well with the general Skins-going population?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Not too bad PC but I think the reaction of the bopper crowd which frequent Skinandis would be along the lines of "I can get dance music anytime in Skins so why should I pay band prices for it".

Just out of interest have there been many south bands in Skins who are not performing mostly covers? Obviously the Saw Doctors were playing their own stuff with maybe a cover thrown in here and there (I don't know - I wasn't there), and the MacDonald brothers would, I imagine but could be wrong, be playing mostly covers.

Would a 'different' band actually go down well there? Is it the crowd requesting more cover bands or is it just the managements perception/knowledge that only this type of band (along with the occasional local group) which will go down well with the general Skins-going population?
    Having listened to the samples on their site I actually think they would go down very well in Skinandi's. If it was advertised correctly to the right age group then there is no reason why they shouldn't work. The Saw Doctors night was a great success for the band, Skinandi's and the music scene. It shows there are still people interested in going to see live music and I think it would be a shame not to build on this. Hopefully the Hayseed Dixie gig will have similar results as the Saw Doctors one.

I know the obvious argument is that Saw Doctors and Hayseed Dixie are both nationally recognised acts and therefore are more or less guaranteed to attract a healthy audience but, with the right advertising and P.R, there is no reason a South act playing original music couldn't attract a healthy turnout in my opinion.