Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Is Brexit beginning to bite?

  1. #21

    Default

    Not got a proper answer then? I thought as much. Go on; I'll give you another chance. If I apply your logic to the scenario outlined above then non-voters would be counted as having voted Yes. It's your argument using your logic after all. Don't tell me that I have identified a weakness in your hypothesis!!! Oh, and while we are at it I am still waiting for some proper evidence to back your assertions about non-voters.

    Not surprisingly I suspect you have no answers to give. Instead, you try to deflect by posting nonsense like that above.

    Come on; I'm eager to hear your rebuttal. If you are so convinced of your theory you should have some well thought-out arguments at your fingertips. Why don't you share them with us? Alternatively, you could just admit you were talking nonsense.

  2. #22

    Default

    The post-Brexit UK:NZ trade deal coming in for a bit of criticism from UK farmers.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Not got a proper answer then? I thought as much. Go on; I'll give you another chance. If I apply your logic to the scenario outlined above then non-voters would be counted as having voted Yes. It's your argument using your logic after all. Don't tell me that I have identified a weakness in your hypothesis!!! Oh, and while we are at it I am still waiting for some proper evidence to back your assertions about non-voters.

    Not surprisingly I suspect you have no answers to give. Instead, you try to deflect by posting nonsense like that above.

    Come on; I'm eager to hear your rebuttal. If you are so convinced of your theory you should have some well thought-out arguments at your fingertips. Why don't you share them with us? Alternatively, you could just admit you were talking nonsense.
    I didnt see it written anywhere that a non vote is counted as a yes vote?
    well apart from in your diatribe.
    I very much doubt than should Sleekit Sturgeon and her mob be granted another referendum, the No voters would abstain.
    If she does one of these referendums without having the mandate from the powers that be, then i think most may abstain, but that would be meaningless anyway.

    If she gets the 2nd referendum and loses once again by a majority, how long before she or her replacement Furer begins campaigning for Indyref 3?
    Cameron was absoluely correct when he said this was a neverendum
    W.A.T.P.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    I didnt see it written anywhere that a non vote is counted as a yes vote?
    well apart from in your diatribe.
    I very much doubt than should Sleekit Sturgeon and her mob be granted another referendum, the No voters would abstain.
    If she does one of these referendums without having the mandate from the powers that be, then i think most may abstain, but that would be meaningless anyway.

    If she gets the 2nd referendum and loses once again by a majority, how long before she or her replacement Furer begins campaigning for Indyref 3?
    Cameron was absoluely correct when he said this was a neverendum
    Play nice now. After all, "this is the 'General' section where civilised people come to comment on issues of the day.".

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Play nice now. After all, "this is the 'General' section where civilised people come to comment on issues of the day.".
    this is very much an "issue of the day"
    W.A.T.P.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    this is very much an "issue of the day"
    I wasn't concerned about whether it was an issue of the day. Goodfellers thinks we must be civilised in this forum. That left me wondering; when you use the term "Furer" (sic) to describe the person democratically elected by the Scottish electorate to lead their government in Holyrood, is that civilised?

    It is clear you do not like the notion of Independence. By all means get hot under the collar but please temper your language when referring to our FM. After all it's what Goodfellers would want.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Nah I think it fits the wee jimmy Krankie looking cow perfectly

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Nah I think it fits the wee jimmy Krankie looking cow perfectly
    Wow! Be ashamed; be very ashamed.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    Wow! Be ashamed; be very ashamed.
    Blow me!!!
    W.A.T.P.

  10. #30

    Default

    Interesting video showing the fate of the UK's exports from 1969 (prior to joining the Common Market) through until 2021 (post Brexit). I'm not sure of the provenance of the data that is graphed but it is broadly similar to other results I have seen.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •