Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Deal between the SNP and the Greens

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    381

    Default Deal between the SNP and the Greens

    Regarding the deal between the SNP and the Greens, "What could the SNP-Green deal mean for Scotland?"

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-58143753

    I am surprised that there is no mention about improving public transport, I thought that public transport was important to the Greens.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecb View Post

    I am surprised that there is no mention about improving public transport, I thought that public transport was important to the Greens.
    Your link is a report from the BBC. So my question is, what do you think is most likely...

    a. The Greens are truly not interested in developing public transport?
    b. The BBC chose to concentrate on reporting on the differences between the SNP and the Greens for its own political agenda?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  3. #3

    Default

    Sadly, it will probably mean that the people of Scotland will be more divided than ever before and for longer, I'm already fed up with listening to friends falling out about Indyref2.

    Whatever happens with the deal there are going to be a lot of unhappy people about when they find out what is or isn't going to happen.

    What public transport ? Are the greens referring to the eco friendly Stagecoach buses in Caithness that gas you when they pass by.

    Take what the BBC say with a pinch of salt is my advice, they can't even get the weather forecast right.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecb View Post
    Regarding the deal between the SNP and the Greens, "What could the SNP-Green deal mean for Scotland?"

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-58143753

    I am surprised that there is no mention about improving public transport, I thought that public transport was important to the Greens.

  4. #4

    Default

    I'm unhappy about the fact that very few voters in Scotland actually voted Green and yet here they are in a position of power and influence due to the 'deal' and holding ministerial positions.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    I'm unhappy about the fact that very few voters in Scotland actually voted Green and yet here they are in a position of power and influence due to the 'deal' and holding ministerial positions.

    How did you feel when the Lib Dems were in the Cameron coalition government?

    I also wonder what you feel about the fact that so few people in Scotland voted Tory (only 25%) in the 2019 GE yet here they are in a position of power and holding all the ministerial positions in the UK government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •