Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hilarious Highlight

Default Hilarious Highlight

Forget the results about the election.

I witnessed an explanation of the list vote system by a BBC presenter and it was by far the most entertaining bit of the election.

By the time he had completed the explanation my ears were bleeding and I was cross eyed due to banging my head on the table.

I thought I was watching a Monty Python sketch , unbelievably funny and ludicrous !

It may appear complicated but it is not in fact.

Here is a link to explain it all fairly simply (OK simple to some and perhaps not to others but having read it carefully you like it more).
    https://ballotbox.scot/scottish-parl...stem-explained

The problem is we have now got so many different voting systems and unless you are prepared to read the explanations you may be stuck in the "First Past The Post" old system such as used still by Westminster. Voting for Scottish Council elections bring yet another system The Single Transferable Vote system - See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39738347

The not to be forgotten Community Councils. If they have elections and many do to due to low numbers volunteering they use First Past the Post.

So perhaps it is not the complications causing a problem as reluctance to take10 minutes to read up on it.

At least the Scottish Parliament system means more people can get some representation rather than feel they wasted their vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bowler View Post
    Forget the results about the election.

I witnessed an explanation of the list vote system by a BBC presenter and it was by far the most entertaining bit of the election.

By the time he had completed the explanation my ears were bleeding and I was cross eyed due to banging my head on the table.

I thought I was watching a Monty Python sketch , unbelievably funny and ludicrous !
    Pity help you if thats your idea of comedy.
    Go and stick on a Gervais or Flannagan show.
    W.A.T.P.

@ Bill Fernie - That's the best explanation of the system that I have seen. It's clear and concise with good visual aids to help understanding. Thanks for posting the link.

Hook, line and sinker !

A good bit of straight forward info from Bill Fernie unlike some explanations out there.