Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ecks new Alba party

Default Ecks new Alba party

So we now have a new Eck Independence party. It does make life interesting, doesn't it?

Yup, splitting the Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Yup, splitting the Vote!
    Horseman; I suggest you acquaint yourself with the D’hondt methodology Scotland uses in its elections. Alex Salmond’s party is not contesting any Constituency seats, leaving them clear for the SNP. He is contesting the Regional seats in an attempt to block the Unionists from the Regional list. This should result in a large majority for the Independence movement. BTW he has endorsed Nicola Sturgeon for the position of First Minister.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Horseman; I suggest you acquaint yourself with the D’hondt methodology Scotland uses in its elections. Alex Salmond’s party is not contesting any Constituency seats, leaving them clear for the SNP. He is contesting the Regional seats in an attempt to block the Unionists from the Regional list. This should result in a large majority for the Independence movement. BTW he has endorsed Nicola Sturgeon for the position of First Minister.
    Great.....ty

And am I wrong in Hearing at the EU is in a mess, and more Countries are planning to leave?
    And they move money around like a Ponzi scheme? Another ty.....
    Last edited by The Horseman; 28-Mar-21 at 18:20.

So it is a good thing then to have a new party led by a morally bankrupt ex-leader who admits behaving reprehensibly with junior female colleagues (oh, it's all alright cos it wasn't criminal) and who is now advocating taking to the streets? That's all just hunky dory is it?

In !aw, to which we all adhere to....Innocent until proven Guilty!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 29-Mar-21 at 23:55.

Just read The Guardian Newspaper......online.....Wow
    Salmond.....Like a Gambler Thrusting sweaty coins into a slot machine.....perhaps a bit behind the times!
    Not often one sees such a ‘hit job’.

The broader independence movement recognise the situation for what it is; as a means to put the future of Scotland in the hands of a Scottish government rather than the ultra right-wing Tories in London. Scotland hasn't voted conservative since 1955; that is indicative of how the people of Scotland feel about conservatism.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    So it is a good thing then to have a new party led by a morally bankrupt ex-leader who admits behaving reprehensibly with junior female colleagues (oh, it's all alright cos it wasn't criminal) and who is now advocating taking to the streets? That's all just hunky dory is it?

I am not going to argue the points about AS, or all the ubiquitous nonsense about him that is flying about online, but since you obviously care about the treatment of women, there is one area you don't mention, or perhaps don't know about, which is a far greater threat to Women than AS ever was.

I touched on this topic in an earlier thread, when I mentioned problems within the SNP, which has in fact caused 40,000+ women to leave the Party en masse, but they have obviously managed to keep this relatively quiet. I suggested these things could be checked out online, but as usual, many don't bother and just stick to the easier stories on the BBC that suits them, true or not.

I mentioned The Hate Crimes Bill and The Gender Recognition Act (GRA) Self-ID Reform, both of which have strong support from the SNP (especially NS) and the Greens. Once again, it is too big a topic for me to cover on here, but it should be noted that in this election so far, they are both keeping very quiet about it.

Here is a blog post by a lady called Denise Findlay which you may find interesting, and may even encourage you to look further into these issues, since you care so much about Women's Rights.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirsty blackman.jpg 
Views:	1234 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	35530

AS himself has admitted to the behaviour that many people, including myself, pass judgement on.
    Thank you for the link to the blog post which I have read with interest. I do not support the SNP nor Alba so as far as I'm concerned, the women referred to in the post are entitled to do just as they wish but I will be looking elsewhere. There are other parties in this election.
    Also, yes I do know about the issues you refer to and have done for a long time, thank you so very much.
    Last edited by Fulmar; 31-Mar-21 at 12:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    AS himself has admitted to the behaviour that many people, including myself, pass judgement on.
    Thank you for the link to the blog post which I have read with interest. I do not support the SNP nor Alba so as far as I'm concerned, the women referred to in the post are entitled to do just as they wish but I will be looking elsewhere. There are other parties in this election.
    Also, yes I do know about the issues you refer to and have done for a long time, thank you so very much.
    Politics is a real dirty business, hence the reason I have never joined any Parties. It is so easy for many to just jump on a bandwagon, because the crowd are, without actually looking at what is really going on. I never take anything at face value.

I am going to start a thread about Andy Wightman, who is now standing as an Independent up here in the regional list. See what you think of him.

It might be interesting for someone to Request the amount of Monies paid out in Legal Fees, and Payoffs in the last 2/3 years.
    It simply takes a Freedom of Information Request asking for specifics....as above.
    It may give one a whole new insight into how the Gov’t spends one's money....hard earned!