Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: They are all a disgrace

Default They are all a disgrace

Having read the Journal front page today 19/03/21, it is clear that neither The Scottish Government or The Highland Council (Inverness) are prepared to face up to their responsibilities and supply the service that it is their duty to provide to the people of Caithness. They should be reminded that THEY ARE HERE TO SERVE US !

Both parties are behaving like the world's first surviving brain donors and are showing why Scotland and particularly Caithness is not moving forward.

If polite requests fail to get results then may be another course of action should be considered. For example, withhold a proportion of the Council Tax and see what reaction that gets. I suspect they would spend thousands of pounds sending out demanding letters threatening legal action.

The response from Matheson is a typical arrogant comment which shows a politician that has absolutely no compassion, only contempt for anyone living further north than Golspie. Maybe he is keeping his fingers crossed and hoping that The UK Gov will eventually come up with even more funding .

The attitude of The highland Council (Inverness) is that of an authority that has not got any idea or intention of how to improve the lives of people in Caithness.

Basically they are both saying to the people of Caithness "UP YOURS, LIVE WITH IT !".

I say to them "GET YOUR FINGERS OUT AND DO THE JOBS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ELECTED AND PAID TO DO !"

Those that are organising Caithness Roads Recovery are doing a great job and deserve all of our support.

In the meantime we should all report every area that needs repairing and make claims if any injury or damage is caused by the road crisis.

What are you writing about?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

I think Tom is annoyed at the state of the roads in Caithness - and I totally agree they are a serious hazard for any vehicle. I often wonder why the maintenance of the public roads to a safe standard is not a legal requirement, especially when you consider that emergency vehicles driving at speed could easily be damaged / people injured or killed, when driving over these huge pot holes we have throughout the north. The road between Thurso and Wick is like a third-world country.

Thanks for the clarification Richardj, the subject as mentioned in the last sentence is the state of the roads crisis in Caithness, although I suppose the sentiments probably could also apply to many other subjects that the Scottish Government and The Highland Council can not resolve between them.

Time to join the Facebook page 'Caithness Potholes and Road Damage' where you can upload photographs and other details of dangerous road damage.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

“We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."