Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An Economic Case for Scottish Independence

i know one thing up here in the north it does not benefit us having holyrood, but i think we were better of under westminster rule,. and by the way i have never voted tory

Quote Originally Posted by dc1 View Post
    i know one thing up here in the north it does not benefit us having holyrood, but i think we were better of under westminster rule,. and by the way i have never voted tory

Ok then. I expect you will want to pay back all your free prescriptions over the last 10 years; your free bus travel; free eye tests, all the subsidised ferry crossings you may have made; all former toll bridge fees your were freed from. While we are at it I take it you want Wick High School demolished since, according to you, it has presumably not provided any benefit either. Please feel free to send your cheque down to Holyrood.

Then, of course there are all the things which might not affect you directly but do benefit lots of others living in the north of Scotland. I take it you want to see an end to baby boxes, free sanitary products, affordable house building; same sex marriage.

As I said; "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone".

with the amount of tax i have paid and still pay i am quite happy i have paid my way, have you

with the amount of tax i have paid and still pay i am quite happy i have paid my way, have you

So, you are not prepared to concede that you have benefited enormously from us having a parliament in Holyrood despite all the evidence I presented to you. You are not even prepared to argue against any of the evidence I gave. The simple fact is that if the Scottish Government had not done all the things I mentioned previously (and a whole lot more besides) you and most people is Caithness would be worse off than you currently are.

Oh, and for the record I find your closing remark to be distasteful in the extreme. Trying to gain the moral high ground by casting such aspersions does you little credit.

it was you who through out the first distasteful remark that i had to be a tory to be a unionest

it was you who through out the first distasteful remark that i had to be a tory to be a unionest
    Nah! Not taking the bait.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123