Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Post-Brexit Power Grab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    I refer you to the response I gave earlier.

Come ‘Hell or High Water’! Bad way to turn a Country around!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 20-Jan-21 at 12:02.

You're becoming increasingly incoherent, Horseman. It's probably pointless engaging with you, but
    you seem obsessed with the SNP leadership as seen from your own narrow and peculiar perspective. I have relatives in Germany, and I can guarantee you that what they read about involves Scotland's politics and attitudes to Europe, not primary school fish jokes or gossip. Read a Scottish or UK newspaper that looks at the press in other countries and you'll see a surprising amount of comment and analysis on the independence question.

On the other hand, if you think CNN is a red conspiracy and take the like of Fox News seriously, you'll probably believe any amount of nonsense...

I took the ‘levity’ out. Sorry about that.
    I haven't seen a small respected Country with so many probs....especially those of a Sexual nature.
    Do you condone what is happening at the Leadership Level!
    Yes, I have read much about INDYREF2. Gossip?
    Some people are like horses ‘we blinders’.

I fail to see what business the future of Scotland has to do with you The Horseman, since you don’t live here and persist on doing down Scotland at every turn. Recent polls indicate that increasing number of the people of Scotland favour independence. The independence movement is far bigger than the SNP and it continues to grow. The SNP are but a means to an end, independence. Once Scotland is free of Westminster, we can choose a government of whatever shade we want/need. Yet you and your unionist parties take every opportunity to talk down our great country. There are dozens of small countries across the world who have become independent of the UK, why should Scotland be the exception?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

‘Doing Down’..........just like the American poet you quote.
    You are correct...I don’t live there, but am somewhat proud if my Heritage, as are all the Emigrants! And usually visit nearly every year!
    Likely you will get your way...sometime...but the Antics of your Chosen Leaders would be quite hard to find elsewhere. These are your Leaders. I worked in and for Gov’t, and generally behind the scenes probs are dealt with..Behind the scenes!
    And what I do find troubling, is that in the midst of the Worst situation since ‘A World War’ or the previous Epidemics, some of you are attempting to ‘fracture’ the cohesiveness that is required to rid us of This Beast. And I understand putting much needed money away for the ‘The Cause’.
    Scots were never known for Selfishness!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    And what I do find troubling, is that in the midst of the Worst situation since ‘A World War’ or the previous Epidemics, some of you are attempting to ‘fracture’ the cohesiveness that is required to rid us of This Beast.
    What is this ‘cohesiveness’ you speak of? If you are talking of the United Kingdom there had been little or no ‘cohesiveness’ since the Brexit referendum in 2016 where a tiny majority of English voters elected to drag everyone out of the EU. 62% of people of Scotland voted to remain. We are justifiably aggrieved because in the 2014 Independence referendum, we were promised that in order to remain in the EU we had to vote ‘No’. Our masters in Westminster reneged on us because they bowed to the rancid Ethnic nationalism growing in England.

And I understand putting much needed money away for the ‘The Cause’.
    Scots were never known for Selfishness!
    What are you implying? Cite evidence please.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Gosh.....The Pandemic! You do have a way of moving away from the most important issue of our time.
    On reading several of ‘your’ newspapers, there is money being set aside for Indyref2.
    This isn't ‘a debate.....Its our Opinion Piece!
    All Parties/Countries should stand together and tackle The Pandemic. Then, and only then.... do The Indyref2 thingy! SIMPLES REALLY!