Quote Originally Posted by dc1 View Post
gronnuck should we only then be fed left wing ideology
No; and I didn't suggest anything like that. You appear to be looking at the world through the prism of Westminster and the greater England project.
If and when Scotland becomes a normal country, free of the subjugation of the English parliament we can elect the Scottish government of any shade we choose. Currently there are 533 English MPs yet only 59 Scottish MPs in Westminster and so to all intents and purposes we are ruled by an English parliament.
The electoral system in Scotland with its ‘list’ system is such that it would rarely return a full majority administration so parties would have to work in coalition. However, in order to have a government that works for Scotland we have to gain independence first and establish new Scottish political parties, registered and working for Scotland.
As far as I’m concerned, the people of Scotland should have the right to have a government of our own choosing, we deserve no less. I’d be looking for something left of centre; perhaps Liberals and the Greens.