Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Gig - listen to Nemesis

Smile Big Gig - listen to Nemesis

Finally, the demo for my band Nemesis has come at last
    If you want to hear us then go to

www.myspace.com/nemesiscaithness

the songs are not fully mixed but the final versions should be up before next week

and at big gig we'll be playing another two of our own, both extremely heavy and hopefully we'll get a big mosh pit going

tell me what you think of the songs

PS (btw if the songs aren't up then thats because it's still uploading them)
    Last edited by colin stoner; 23-Jun-07 at 21:24. Reason: songs aren't up yet

good stuff, keep up the good work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by colin stoner View Post

the songs are not fully mixed but the final versions should be up before next week

and at big gig we'll be playing another two of our own, both extremely heavy and hopefully we'll get a big mosh pit going

Well done Nemesis. I really like your songs, and look forward to getting into the mosh pit.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by colin stoner View Post

high colin stoner my name is ebo am sorry 2 rain on ur parade but i have contacted the proper authorities as u have stolen my bands name i formed nemesis in 1998 and own the copyrite for this name i would be obliged ifn u would change ur name i am contacting my lawyer who holds the copyrite in her office on monday morning. u will change the name or i will see you in the court and im afraid i hold all the aces the choice is yours any messages you have for me u can pm me at this addy

Quote Originally Posted by jim shoe View Post
    high colin stoner my name is ebo am sorry 2 rain on ur parade but i have contacted the proper authorities as u have stolen my bands name i formed nemesis in 1998 and own the copyrite for this name i would be obliged ifn u would change ur name i am contacting my lawyer who holds the copyrite in her office on monday morning. u will change the name or i will see you in the court and im afraid i hold all the aces the choice is yours any messages you have for me u can pm me at this addy
    Is your 'Nemesis' still on the go? And where are you from?

Duress from Thurso know of a 'Duress' in America who are signed and have released material in the USA, but were actually formed AFTER the Thurso 'Duress'.

Think there is also another Boss Hogg somewhere else in the world aswell but with slightly different spelling? Could be wrong?

i am from wick nemesis has bin copywritten and the lawyer will prove this

Didn't the name come up recently in the Waffles poll?
    Colin Stoner told us that he took the name from a ride at Alten Towers (I think).

Surely all Colin has to do,then, is prove that he took the name from there and not from your band.
    As they are a homage to the great fairground ride and they are not actually passing themselves off as a rollercoaster (although they may make some people sick) then Alten Towers won't be suing them.

If this is true all they have to do is title themselves The Nemesis, or change the name to Nemesys or Nemisys or Nemisis. Jim are your band still going, if not why not just give them the name if they are a young and upcoming band??

Also I am not sure that the single word Nemesis can be copyrighted in all honesty, you may be able to copyright The Nemesis. If you do a swift bit of googling yourself you will find there are already four or five other bands in the world called Nemesis (so you have broken the law by using and attempting to copyright someone elses name), three in the USA, one in South Korea. Nemesis is the name of a rapper from the Skoal Bandits. So they may be taking you to court if you ever make it big. Nemesis is also the title for several movies, songs, album covers and a DC comic hero, a drug, a computer operating system, a video game.

I don't think any claim to the name would stand up in court for more than five minutes before it was dismissed, just being realistic. If it would, then someone like DC Comics would have told everyone to stop using it by now.
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 24-Jun-07 at 17:15.

Just found another Nemesis from Virginia who are a heavy rock band who have an album available to purchase in the UK, so there is already one recording artist with that name selling material. Also found anothe three Nemesises, one in Sweden, one in Hungary and another in the USA. Also found a band called "The Nemesis" as well.

I think there is a law that if one particular band has already sold material under a name in one particular country then another cannot do the same. I remember that because The Beat had to change their name whenever they went to the states or sold albums in the states because the name was already used, they had to be called The English Beat.

I'd say you'd be safe to go ahead and use it Colin and if your worried about it just change one letter, I think Nemisys sounds good and I couldn't find anything on yahoo or google for a band with that name. Or you can have my name that I coined "The Cheap Johns" :L

Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 24-Jun-07 at 17:29.

Ahhh just let the little fool blow all his money chasing Colin with his "lawyer".

I'd be bricking it if I were you Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Nemesis is the name of a rapper from the Skoal Bandits.
    Wasn't Skoal Bandits also the name of a tobacco company that encouraged you to put the tobacco under your top lip?

I wonder if the two of them ever went to court over that?

And how long before my nemesis, The Pepsi Challenge is taken to court over his use of a (surely) copyright name?

Wink

i totally agree with jeemac, this band name copyright thing would be laughed out of court,i wouldn't worry,ebo doesn't have leg to stand on,
    ps has anyone formed a band called storm recently lol
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law

Ha ha... this cracked me up. Superb! Imagine threatening 15 year olds with legal action because they "stole" his band name!

I think it's very brave of Colin and the rest of Nemesis to use the name. Can you imagine if the public did get the two bands confused... it could have a huge effect on Colins bands audience numbers... but not in a good way!

Hold on... there's a band in Wick called Colin... I suggest you get in touch with them Mr Stoner. They seem to have stolen your first name...

please god tell me there's no other betsy twinkler's!? i don't want to be dragged thru any high court justice system...

lol

not had a chance to listen to ur stuff yet colin, no speakers on this PC

P.S. jim shoe - you still writing/recording your own material these days?
    Last edited by guitarzan; 25-Jun-07 at 11:24.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    please god tell me there's no other betsy twinkler's!? i don't want to be dragged thru any high court justice system...

lol

not had a chance to listen to ur stuff yet colin, no speakers on this PC

P.S. jim shoe - you still writing/recording your own material these days?
    actually I just formed a one man band called "Betsy Twinkler's Storm(y) Nemesis"

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    actually I just formed a one man band called "Betsy Twinkler's Storm(y) Nemesis"

I just formed a one man three piece band called Jim Shoe and the High Heels, I have also copyrighted the names Jim Shoe and the Plimsoles and Jim Shoe and Winklepickers as well incase I ever need them, also from time to time I will be appearing as a one man one man band simply called Jim, like Colin but Jim, so please no other band call themselves Jim or have Jim in their name. And incase it should cause any confusion can anyone with the name Jim or Jim in their name please stop posting on here.

Sincerely

Jim (Jimmie, Jimmy, James, Jeemag, Cheemag, Chimack, Jimag, Chimag) All rights reserved 1664 to 2098!!!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

a one man three piece band!
    hehe I always thought you had a split personallity. Do you talk amongst yourselves whilst discussing the next song????

WAIT,

oh sit down oh sit down, sit down next to me

,.......................... by erm................JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    hehe I always thought you had a split personallity. Do you talk amongst yourselves whilst discussing the next song????

WAIT,

oh sit down oh sit down, sit down next to me

,.......................... by erm................JAMES
    One member of the band is Mexican and he can no speak a english, his name is Jesus (pronounced hayhooth, not copyrighted) so I don't talk to him ,we have a translator who can tell us what he says when he is not playing the spoons, but he doesn't say much anyway. The other band member besides myself plays the church organ, I am not talking to him either because he stole my wife, she said she liked his organ and liked the fact he had a bigger instrument. Me and my Penny Whistle are now looking for a new woman

Also I am not sure that the single word Nemesis can be copyrighted in all honesty...
    Great research there Jeemag!!!!
    I don't think it can - it is a ancient Greek word and has certainly been used doen the centuries as a word to mean a rival or opponent which cannot be overcome.

I'd like to see the copyright paperwork on this one.

Certain companies tried to copyright the word "nano" in relation to a small DAP - as the word "nano" is Greek for small I think the copyright claim fell flat on it's face. One company claimed that the word nano was in such widespread use it could not be protected by copyright IIRC.

Wonder why the authors of The Bible didn't sue Genesis?..........

so really i don't need to worry about this Jimmy shoe biy?

we took the name from the alton towers ride cos it was awesome... i'd never even heard of any other Nemesis bands so how could i have stolen his?

we're better anyway lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast