Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who will you vote for in the 2021 Holyrood election?

Id sooner vote for ISIS than SNP
    W.A.T.P.

Since I don’t HATE the Scots or Scottish people . I can’t vote for a party or parties that don’t believe in freedom of choice ,so the unionists are out .

I will hold my nose and vote SNP1, probably for the last time ever in 52 years of voting SNP... and Alba2.

From reading several articles, it would appear that the IndyRef2 is not going ahead!
    Is that a true perception?
    Am No Gloatan! Ty.

I think it will go ahead but not yet. There is no definite date as yet set by anyone (including the new SNP administration) but an aspiration to hold it in the next couple of years I think. However, I think you know all of this already, don't you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    I think it will go ahead but not yet. There is no definite date as yet set by anyone (including the new SNP administration) but an aspiration to hold it in the next couple of years I think. However, I think you know all of this already, don't you?!
    ‘Wis jist Jokan’.....What I was Reading on here over the past year, I understood everyone was heading to the Polls ASAP.....So the SNP didn’t make it!
    I guess that’s what it boils down to.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 13-May-21 at 17:31.

Perhaps someone can say why the SNP has backed off INDYREF2?
    I thought it was all ‘all a go’, but not a word.
    Is it ‘common sense’, or are there other reasons.
    Ty..s

A growing number of independence supporters are beginning to think that the Murrells prefer the status quo where they are safe in their well-paid jobs and can continue to 'dangle the carrot'.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    A growing number of independence supporters are beginning to think that the Murrells prefer the status quo where they are safe in their well-paid jobs and can continue to 'dangle the carrot'.
    Perhaps you could define/explain ‘Murrells’ and The Carrot for me. Been away a long time! I am but a Simple person. Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Which is why some of us long-standing SNP voters voted Alba on the list this time, and held our noses to vote SNP as Alba asked. Even though we got no list seats, the party did nae bad in six weeks, with no media publicity, bar bad publicity, and Nicola stamping her feet and pouting like a stroppy two year old every time Alex Salmond or Alba was mentioned, as if she was being denied something to which she was entitled...ie the pro-indy vote. So given the circumstances, it's a good start....think what we could do in 4/5 years time, when there is another Scottish election, and Nicola is still dangling the carrot of an independence referendum and talking about in indyref "sometime in this next parliament, when the time is right". Some of us think that the time is never going to be right as long as she is SNP leader and hubby is CEO of the SNP.

Thanks......let’s hope you get your wish one day. S

However, it is one thing to hold Indyref 2 and quite another matter to win it and I have not seen any dispute over the fact that it appears, once again, to be split fifty fifty for and against.

Mrs Murrell has previously stated that she wants to see pro Indy polling at 60% or thereabouts before firing the starting gun on IndyRef 2. That worries me greatly because it was the campaign in 2014 that got polling from somewhere in the low 30s up to the eventual 45%. The fact that there was a campaign underway focused people's minds much more than is the case during this relatively quiet spell. If she wants "Yes" to be consistently around 60% before giving the go-ahead then I think we will be waiting a long time.

A starting position of "Yes" on 50% is a helluva lot better than it was 7 years ago and gives us something to build upon. Like others I am concerned about the SNP getting too comfortable in power. I voted for them earlier this month but unless it is clear to me that they are moving decisively towards IndyRef 2 taking place within the next 12-24 months I'll be looking for another pro-Indy party to support.

A question.....So where is Scotland headed.
    I see the issues of Cows being treated better than ‘Pregnant Women.
    What happens on the West Coast. Do people still have to make that 100 mile journey X 2?

Horseman
    Answer = Downhill.

Yes people still have to journey down the road for treatment/ consultations, for an example a friend of mine who was diagnosed with terminal cancer was made to travel to Raigmore four times (260 mile round trip) just to be told he was going to die. Four precious days he could have spent with his family. The "Near me " video system was working but my friend was not allowed to use it !

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    A question.....So where is Scotland headed.
    I see the issues of Cows being treated better than ‘Pregnant Women.
    What happens on the West Coast. Do people still have to make that 100 mile journey X 2?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12