Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John Bain

Post John Bain

Looking to find info on John Bain illegitimate son ofChristina Bain. Christina was the daughter of Joseph Bain & Helen Bremner.John was born 1874 at West Banks Caithness.On the 1881 census John was living with his grandmother Helen Bain and his Motherat 13 Bexley Terrace in Wick.
    In 1891 A John Bain wasat Hemprigg in Wick working as a farm Servant but I am not sure if this is himor not,1901 living with his Aunt Ellen Swanson widow of Charles Swanson and hiscousin Isabella More her husband Malcolm More at East Bank farm. So far have not found his death or a marriage.

This is the 1901 census
    I have recorded for Malcolm MORE (The MORES being mine)
    with mother-in-law Ellen Swanson
    Name: Malcolm S More
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1875
    Relationship: Son In Law
    Spouse's name : Isabella Swanson
    Where born: Wick, Caithness
    Registration Number: 43
    Registration district: Wick
    Civil parish: Wick
    Town: Wick
    County: Caithness
    Address: East Bank Farm
    ED: 8
    Household schedule number: 296
    Line: 19
    Roll: CSSCT1901_12
    Household Members: Name Age
    Ellen Swanson 67 HEAD
    Joseph J Sinclair 6 g.son
    Malcolm G More 26 son in law
    Isabella More 26 Daughter
    John Bain 26 Nephew

Quote Originally Posted by tiffers View Post
    Looking to find info on John Bain illegitimate son ofChristina Bain. Christina was the daughter of Joseph Bain & Helen Bremner.John was born 1874 at West Banks Caithness.On the 1881 census John was living with his grandmother Helen Bain and his Motherat 13 Bexley Terrace in Wick.
    In 1891 A John Bain wasat Hemprigg in Wick working as a farm Servant but I am not sure if this is himor not,1901 living with his Aunt Ellen Swanson widow of Charles Swanson and hiscousin Isabella More her husband Malcolm More at East Bank farm. So far have not found his death or a marriage.
    Hi
    I too descend from Joseph Bain and Helen Bremner but via one of their other children.
    regards julie