Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Tories Douglas Ross looks uncanny like the child catcher in Chittybang bang

Default The Tories Douglas Ross looks uncanny like the child catcher in Chittybang bang

It's more by chance than design that Douglas Ross looks like the Child Catcher in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang . Just another clown in the Westminster circus that can be seen in your area shortly . Thank god for the lockdown . No doubt we'll here from the Colonialists cheerleaders

Colonialist: a person who supports the practice of gaining political control over other countries and occupying them with settlers .

Colonialist: a person who supports the practice of gaining political control over other countries and occupying them with settlers .
    Is that how you view all the many people from other parts of the UK who have settled in Scotland and now call it their home?

Apparently so Fulmar.

The other week, the term of choice was "Colonist", but that now seems to have been dropped in favour of Colonialist. I am guessing the reason for this is that the former's definition was one where the colony could either be a country or an area. That didnt fit in well with Dozy's agenda when it was pointed out to him that Colonist was therefore a perfect description for any Scottish (or other people) who had settled on Orkney or Shetland.

Fortunately, he seems to have, for the meantime at least, stopped harping on about his other 'ist obsession. Maybe the de-radicalisation therapy is working.....

I can't say I see much of the resemblance that Dozy notes. But perhaps that part of the therapy he is undergoing at the moment. What I have noticed in the last week is how Jim Davidson appears to have morphed into Winston out of Still Game;

Last edited by orkneycadian; 20-Sep-20 at 12:17.

In orkneycadian eyes only the Scots are colonist . Boris brainwashing at its best ,by the look of Boris one would think he's washed his own . The mans was a joke, now he is the joke . With folk like Orkneycadian taken up residence on the island ,I pity them but hope they keep him as at last he'll be off the Scottish electoral voters list . Every cloud has a silver lining .

No Dozy, its you that has the colonist obsession. To me, folk are folk. But when you keep on going off the rails and ranting about colonists, and other 'ists, I give you your claim back to you, with a slight adaptation, to show you how disjointed your assertions are.

And having been born in Orkney, from a line of ancestors that go back to before both 1707 and 1468, I don't see myself as having "taken up residency" though I guess that's down to interpretation. "Retained residency" might be more accurate.

As Gronuck asked for confirmation of, which he got, I am more than happy to be;

A: An inhabitant of an Orkney that is part of Scotland, which is.....
    B: A Scotland which is part of the UK, which is......
    C: A UK which is out of the EU

A, on the basis that we have been since 1468, and are generally happy with the concept of being in Scotland, though over the last 20 years or so, we have seen Scotland become very Southern Belt focused at the expense of the islands. That's not irreversible though, if those at the top would start running the country properly, and stop diverting themselves onto a single agenda.

B, on the basis that's what we (all of Scotland) voted for in 2014

C, on the basis that's what we (all of the UK, which Scotland affirmed their desire to remain part of 2 years earlier) voted for in 2016

Now, off you go and watch the Sunday afternoon children's films. Whats on today? The Sound of Music? Mary Poppins?

Maybe you could ask Boris about Dominic playing the Wizard of Oz . Christmas won't be Christmas this year but the Tories are here to help Ruth ,Douglas ,Jackson ,Mundell Jr. and other Tory bandits are preforming " Carry On at the Circus " panto this year ,with from Russian with love and American pie coming to a Tory party flick night special . Theres no shortage of Tory clowns and the child catcher is running the sweetie and ice cream trolley. Got any ideas on Sunday films on the suspression of choice and freedom, Braveheart

Seems like the real political party child catcher is still making the news.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-54365258

Derek Mackay still claiming expenses for Edinburgh accommodation