Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bitch in Season.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default bitch in heat

Bitches have a season of 3 weeks but it is only in the second week that they are interested in mating and i think that it is about 5 days of the second week that it lasts for! Before i got my bitch neutered i used to have to put a kind of homemade nappy on her, but i have seen them available commercially now which made me laugh!
    As long as your dog is fully matured and had her first season it will be fine to neuter her, they used to say to let them have a litter first so that they could be sure that the dog was fully matured before they done it!, saves having unwanted puppies

usually bitches won't allow a dog near her in her season until the middle part, about 11-14 days in. i don't know about not liking the attention though, must just be her, maybe some dogs are just like that...but to give you some advice, i wouldn't trust her alone though with a dog when in season...you never know...

if she was in season it was most likely you would have noticed blood and swelling. when i got my female dog i was worried about not noticing the signs but when it came it was unmissable.